what to do in retirement

HookNrelease

What Do Retired People Do All Day?

Working people frequently ask retired people

what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day the wife and

I went into town and went into a shop. We were

only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came

out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, "Come on man, how

about giving a senior citizen a break?" He ignored

us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a

Dumbass. He glared at me and started writing

another ticket for having worn tires. So Mary called him

a shithead. He finished the Second ticket and put it on

the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a

third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes.

The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus.

We try to have a little fun each day now that

we're retired. It's important at our age.

I retired early at 48 because I couldn't do the heavy work on the railroad (derailments) with a very bad shoulder that needs to be replace someday.

But I get asked all the time especially by my jealous brother in-law, what do you do. My answer is everything you are dreaming to do if you weren't working. Then I tell him "remember everyday is Saturday for ME" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

The best part is fishing during the week when there is no pressure at the launches or on the lake :)

:Gonefishing: Guys Retirement is great . Fish all summer,do a little gardening and generally having a good time. I retired really young and except getting caught to do a few chores around home life is good. You might think this is too good to be true but when I don't have time to go up to my cabin at Miller Lake I will jump on the old riding mower with my fishing pole stop at the old compost pile grab a few red wigglers and proceed down to the creek to my favourite lawn chair and catch a few speckies for supper. Winter is different though the neighbours catch me to do a few jobs. Bit of pin money for fishing toys. :sleeping_02:

aahhhh....retirement..sounds good

my age says I should retire in about this long -------------

but my bank account says I will retire in about this long---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------crap

Edited by Terry

My Father-in-law is retired, and he makes a good partner because of it.

He has time during the week to do stuff like running around and getting supplies

we need for the weekend. Then on Friday while I'm underground at the mine, he packs

everything up and as soon as I get off work we're on the road. Works out great.

Why is the thread stretched?

Edited by bonghitts

I tried retirement, hated it!

I have worked full time since I was 15 years old but in 2003 I got a very nice offer for my business and Sue and I decided, why not? So I sold it.

The first year or so was OK, I had lots of stuff to do and I kept myself busy, did plenty of fishing and hunting but still couldn't get used to not having a job to go to.

Finally I decided to get back into the work force and to be honest, I loved it, I enjoyed the work and the people and the satisfaction of seeing something build and grow. Last year there were a few changes in my life and it gave me an opportunity to think about what I really enjoy doing. Well, I am now serving my apprenticeship as a small engine mechanic and I have never been happier. It keeps my mind active and my hands busy and every time I take something that is broken and I fix it I feel like I have really accomplished something. The money isn't the greatest but I'm not in it for the money, in fact, most of the work I do here at home for people is for just enough to cover the cost of the parts, someties I'll add $5.00 or so to cover consumables but that's about it.

I guess in a sense I am still really retired because I am just doing what I love to do and I can still fish and hunt almost anytime I want to. Works for me anyway!