Simcoe Closer

fishnsled

I can't believe it's come and gone, what a short hard water season this year.

Saturday I managed to get out with my Dad for one last go. Picked him up and we were heading across the lake by 7:30 am. Got to our spot, got set up and started marking lots of fish. I had a bump in the first few minutes and thought it was going to be a banner day! Well that wasn't the case at all. Fished the spot for about 3 hours, marking lots of fish, even had them coming up to the bait but no takers, just a couple more bumps for each of us.

We decided to move on and as I'm reeling in.....FISH ON!! After an excellent fight I pulled up this laker.

gallery_103_86_101052.jpg

Not sure what gave this fish so much energy but what a blast! Now how can you leave a spot after that, probably should have as we had nothing for the next hour. :rolleyes: During this time I'm sure I saw Joey go by with Ladywalleye on the back of the sled but I could be wrong. Packed up and moved to spot 2 and had a couple more bumps, lost one about half way up and moved to spot 3. Couple more bumps and that was it. Great day to be out with the old man it's too bad he didn't get one. Well not really, I think it was my turn to out fish him for the hard water season. :P We'll be back at in May when the season opens again.

Hi Will,

What an awesome day to end the season. Congratulations with that excellent looking Laker. H2's parent's live a skip away from Big Bay Point, so we spent the day there on the ice as well. You couldn't have asked for better weather to sign off the season. Unlike you, there was no action below our holes ... no wonder, because they were with you! Your day has only a couple of months to wait for the big one. He'll get one then.

Your right....very short season..way to go ending it with a beauty Laker.

It would have been one of the old time classic winters if it hadn't been for that dang January thaw that screwed things up for a few weeks.

Great spending the day with your dad

Cheers

Craig

Way to go :thumbsup_anim: That's exactly how Paul caught his laker, on the reel up to leave.

We were out there, but Shelley and I were not on the snowmobile together. So you could have either seen me on my snowmobile or her on hers :D

Joey