Love or Hate a Fishing Program?

fishinggeek

There's been a lot of buzz lately about good and bad fishing shows. Why not let the networks know for yourself? I suspect that WFN will 1) love to hear your feedback (either positive or negative) and 2) might even change their programming to better suit our preferences. I know I will be writing them this weekend with an "ear full".

Here is the contact info for those interested that I got from their website:

Insight Sports Ltd.

184 Pearl Street, Suite 302

Toronto, Ontario

M5H 1L5 Canada

Phone: 416-593-0915

Email: online form at http://www.wfn.tv/about/?a=2

Heck, I might even write, call, AND email! ;)

Really.... what do you think WFN is going to do? Pull a show over a couple people that email them saying "I dont like this show"

Come on man, it is not like you are going to garner tens of thousands of people to bash down their front door...

If you dont like a show dont watch it... Seems pretty simple to me.

I am not understanding your motivation behind this, it is not like they are ripping you off in any manner or holding a gun to your head... If you dont like two shows that WFN is airing... big deal! walk away from the TV and go fishing!

Better yet give me the address and email addresses to the people that make soap operas.. as I have a few words for them, taking up my wife's free time and all... they should be ashamed of themselves.

There are FAR to many things in this world that deserve this garnered attention, this is definably not one of them.

G

Wow.... did I just say that? soo this is what empathy feels like...

Edited by Gerritt

G, many companies realize far fewer people complain than those that are dissatisfied. In industries like hospitality, people are more likely to voice their opinion than remain silent. But in TV, I think it's the reverse, so one opinion is representative of far more than one person. I have worked for a large, publicly-trade company that was like this. Even though we had millions of customers, senior executives routinely read through customer complaints that were escalated beyond the point of contact. They knew one voice means dozens others unhappy, and a few hundred might be a big problem.

I'm not expecting anything, just exercising my right to free speech. It is no different than if I told you the gas station west of you is 10 cents cheaper than the one to the east of you. I would probably be doing you a favour. But if the gas station owner to the east came on OFC and told me to just keep quiet (ie. change the channel) and just buy from the west gas station in silence, would you not object to this suggestion of suppression?

Personally, shows I don't like really don't bother me that much. Like I said before, I use this time to do other things like errands, check my email, etc. I can count on one hand how many companies I have formally complained to in my entire life, both fishing-related and otherwise, and still have a few fingers left over. And this will be the first time complaining about anything fishing-related or on the TV. I hope it'll be an interesting experience! Maybe I'll even get a reply. ;)

Edited by fishinggeek

One thing that is in favour of fishinggeek's actions is that the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease.

FNC apparently debuted to huge ratings, but it's off the air now. If people hadn't spoken up, maybe it would still be around so hats off to guys like Terry and Fishinggeek who are not afraid to speak their mind in defense of what they feel is right. You may not agree with their stance or choice of shows, but at the same time you also have every right to do as they do and speak your mind to the people that ultimately make the programming decisions.

Charles

No one is ever gonna win. If a bunch of people keep bugging tv stations and get a program off the air, then a whole new group will turn up and demand the show be put back on. As everybody says watch what you want then change the channel if a show you don't like comes on.

No one will care anymore once the ice is gone!

Edited by danbouck

Yup, agree...I turn the channel but lately my girlfriend turns it back :)

My pet peeve is the ad for WFN (I think) that shows part of the openings of different fishing shows. I think it's Al Linders show (that I love)....when is shows the X-Rap going thru the water, it's backwards.

I don't get it but maybe it's just me that sees it this way...anyone else notince this?

It's like someone saying schedule but saying it like shed-u-all. It always gets me and I can't stop thinking about it when I hear it and blocks me from further listening. :)

Cheers