FISH on the sonar..chase your lure...won't bite !!!!

jdmls

Ok Guys please help me out......been fishing Simcoe for 5-6 weeks now for Whities and Lakers.....Have had no problem finding fish on Kempt and off of Jacksons point ...but no matter what I do I can't get them to bite...I tried spoons , tubes, spreaders/minnows , marabou jigs....and a few others but they do nothing but chase them up and down , look at it and swim off !!! :wallbash: What am i doing wrong and how have you guys been able to entice them to bite once they zone in on your lure.

Yup, as soon as it hits bottom, jig it again.

Don't stop.....jig it till your arm gets tired. Don't change anything when you mark them, whatever you were doing brought them around......just keep on jiggin it like always. When I mark fish, I jig even harder.......your after the aggressive ones.

I jig my williams fast and aggressive. lift it a foot or so, hit bottom, and jig it again right away. If they want it, they'll get it. I find when you change it up when there is a fish checking it out, it gets a better look and screws off! I change it up when there are no fish down there......and if it brings them in, I keep doing that.

Just jig like a madman. A big williams half and half hammered with the side hooks. Don't stop......you'll get one!! I have a buddy who is a jigging machine.......you wouldn't believe how fast this guy jigs.......but he gets them every time!! He really picks it up when he's marking fish.......just be confident and keep at it.

Hooking them is only half the battle.......you still have to get them to, and out of the hole. I find that's the bigger challenge!! Take your time.......they'll come up......just keep enough pressure on to keep the hooks in and that's all. Don't horse them!!!

Sinker

It sounds like they can see your line when they get close to the lure, consider downsizing your lb. test or even going to a flurocarbon... and if you're using braid you may want to consider a leader of changing to mono.

Adapt, improvise, and overcome!

Edited by Greencoachdog

Ok... here's what I was "taught" just recently by FishnSled with regard to Whities... if you see them under your bait, jig higher and don't stop! Raise your rod up and keep jiggin... it worked for him and eventually for me as well.

HH