Eric

Hi All

Thought I would introduce myself since I'm new to the site :thumbsup_anim: . First off I am a die hard steelheader been that way since I was about 7 years old , I also fish for other species. Well being from Windsor we don't get much trout down here <_< so I gotta make do with what we got.

You guys got a great site here , I learn something new everyday.

oh now on to a quick question or two

1) When im out fishing how would I reconize an OFC member. Do you guys have hats or patches you wear ?.. I'm sure I have probably fished near someone from the site at one time or another.

2) Was wondering if someone could help me out. When I target steelhead I only float fish , but I have been wanting to try some shore fishing. Cast some spoons and such ,now would you use a leader when casting spoons from shore ? ... I think the answer would be "no" seeing as in the late summer the salmon start to move in closer to shore, but again I am no expert on this.

Eric

Welcome aboard!

I'm only a minnow but looking forward to some replies on OFC recognition. I guess a g2g would be the best way to meet some community memebers. Fishing for Tyler is coming up, I'm still manuevering to get outta a previously scheduled commitment so I can make my way to meet some OFNers.

reefrunner

You would probably notice ONFC members who have OFC stickers on their boats,trucks and tackle boxes or wearing OFC apparel listed on the link below:

OFC Apparel

As for the trout ...... I don't fish trout very often but when I do I don't use a leader. I usually fish with worms or spawn. When I use a lure it is an old kwikfish or flatfish coloured skunk.

Tom

Some people have hats or yellow jackets but the best way is to come out to one of the events and meet the people in person. Pretty much everyone OFC'er that I have met has been a quality individual and it sure is easy to start up a conversation since everyone is a fisherman!

For casting lures to trout, I recommend using light line 6 or 8lb monofilament and a quality ball-bearing snap-swivel. You do not need a leader.

Some good lures are little cleos, mepps cyclops, panther martin spinners, and of course many of the Rapala minnow baits in the 9 size F9 J9, etc.

Hey there! Welcome to the board. I have an OFC baseball cap that I wear when fishing...like the one in this picture....

fishing09.jpg

As far as chucking spoons is concerned, for the salmon runs I've had great success throwing little cleos from river mouths and piers. I do not use a leader for this kind of fishing.

Edited by ccmtcanada

It's always nice to see new members joining the board, welcome! Can't help you much with that type of fishing because I usually target walleye, perch and crappie but you have just gotten some replies from people that really know their stuff. Keep the posts coming and we love pictures!

Welcome aboard Windsor. It was well over a year from the time I joined the board until I met my first OFC'r. Of course, from being way down here ... it's no surprise. I did what I could to make the Lakair GTG last year and met a lot of great folks. Looking forward to a repeat this June and hopefully meet a couple new faces. It is a great board and you'll know why once you start meeting and talking with the folks first hand.

Edited by Rich Clemens