Back from Nippissing

FISHINGNUT

Well finally home and un packed from our trip up to Promised Land Camp. The drive up was pretty good 4.25 hrs the drive home was 6.0 hrs of white knuckle white outs and high high winds :wallbash: one of the worst drives I have ever had.Any ways on to the fishing Friday was ok about -7 no wind the water was very staind.The fishing was slow about 10 perch 2 ciscos and a decent pike that wieghed in at 7.5 lbs caught on a minnow and tip up.Every thing else was caught on glow or silver and green jigging spoon except for one other perch that hit my dads tip up right on the bottom while fishing for white fish.Saturday was about -2 with a bit of snow and the wind picked up.SKUNKAROOOO for all 4 of us the fishing just shut down we marked very few fish on the Vex and they were all high 10-15 feet down in 25 fow .Had a few pick ups on a plain hook and minnow with just enough split shot to get it down but the walley were hitting so light it was almost imposible to detect a stike I even added a slip float to the line to help detect bites but it seemed as soon as they felt any wieght they would drop it..Decided to take about a 1/2 mile walk to where the hut operater had been drilling some test holes about 20 or so and I fished them all one by one from 10-30 fow on a rock shoal surrouned by deep water perfect right,WRONG :dunno: marked one fish and nada so walked back to the hut and warm up.Even though it was a slow fish weekend I wouldnt have traded it for any thing .Had a great time with my dad and uncle and tonne of laughs .

100_0808.jpg

100_0805.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0799.jpg

100_0796.jpg

100_0794.jpg

That's a healthy looking Northern. I bet you guys had a lot of fun. You reminded me of one of my favourite quotes....."Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~Henry David Thoreau

The fish are a bonus... the trip is always a riot.

Have a good one.

-ramble

Hey FN. Too bad the fishing wasn't too good. I had heard it slowed down. Most reports that have been going around is they are in deeper water.

Frank runs a good operation there and is a good host. The area you were fishing is about 300 meters from where we will be giving it a go next weekend.

Glad to see you had a fine time.