Jack Update

bigfish1965

It's been four weeks since Jacks surgery. He's coming along quite well. I now have to remind him to slow down on the walks. He is getting back to his old self...demanding belly rubs and wants to play fetch and stuff.

We were at my vet yesterday for the first time since the surgery. He said he was amazed Jack was even walking considering the damage done to the knee. He reminded me it would be six months before he will be able to be free-running again.

He still has quite a limp..some days more than others. But he is coming along nicely. I am very happy that I do not have to carry him outside anymore (but my back is much happier).

He has surprised me by jumping up on the couch a few times so I have to keep a constant eye on him when he is out of the crate. He occasionally yelps when he does somethig not-quite-right but remembering my knee surgery, I was the same for about 6 weeks.

He is getting bored now and misses his rother, but I am waiting another 4 weeks before bringing home my other pup from my moms place. I want to be reasonably sure he is much better before I allow the two of them together.

I'll post pics later if I get the chance.

Sounds like positive news Rick. With him feeling better, now is the most difficult time as far as the healing process as he will want to do everything he normally did. It will be a tough for another month or two. Having said that he is in great hands.

Great to hear and it sure looks like he will be up to his old tricks very soon. Dogs seem to have amazing recuperative powers after surgery. When his buddy comes back he will be a very happy dog.