All I can say is.......WOW

Meely

Seein' as I had some vacation time to use up, I decided to take a quick jaunt over to Dundee Michigan to visit the local Cabela's and all I can say is WOW.......UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

250,000 sq feet of pure heaven !!! :clapping:

I was astounded from the moment I set foot into the front doors. I mean, the mounts/replicas are INCREDIBLE !!!! . Every possible species you can think of including animals such as Buffalo, Lions, otters, mountain goats, 4 Moose, a Rhino and to top it all off a full scale elephant......UNREAL!!. It took us 6 hours over 2 days to visit both levels of the entire store. I was in heaven. The aquariums are stunning with all sorts of species. A TON of stuff for both the angler and the hunter. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I DID NOT BRING MY CAMERA !!!! IM STILL KICKING MYSELF !! :wallbash:

Just to put things in perspective on the grandeur of this place....

I stood on the second floor overlooking the main store and could not see the entire store in my field of vision....I actually had to look from sided to side to see it all......UNREAL!

As we were only there for 24 hours and I didn't want any headaches at the border, I stuck to buying a few "Believers" in some patterns I have never seen over here. It was more of a "go check it out" trip rather than a "let's go shopping" trip. Next time I go over, I think I'll make a weekend of it.

If you have ever thought about it.....or have a day or two to spare.....GO CHECK IT OUT !!!.....rumour has it they are planning on opening a location in Montreal.......cant wait !!!

Meely

Edited by Meely

Used to make the trip there every year, great store. BPS not far up the road in Auburn Hills. A shopping doubleheader!
I did the BPS trip to Auburn Hills in September, definitely not impressed with the employees for one, dressed like they just got off the tractor and attitudes to go with it. I found Cabelas much better. (And there's nothing wrong with farmers on tractors)

When I go to Cabelas in Michigan, I usually try to make it a triple header and visit BPS, Cabelas, and Gander Mountain! You will need a week-end to do this if you like to spend some time in each place, but it is worth it.

I'm hoping to make the trip before Spring, but in August for sure!

Was there last year Meely on our way down to Tennessee...I agree, really something to see. My only complaint is that the aisles aren't very wide. If you met somebody in an aisle way with a shopping cart you'd have to back up. Here's a few pics for those that haven't been.....

102_4466.jpg

102_4453.jpg

102_4458.jpg

102_4452.jpg

102_4444.jpg

102_4422.jpg

102_4464.jpg

102_4479.jpg

102_4411.jpg

102_4417.jpg

Glad ya liked the Store Meeley,when we were in Myrtle beach last year, I drove by BPS 4 times. would have loved to have gone in, but, with a wife and dog in tow, I backed off.

Hope ya got enough Grubs to let me buy some LOL

I love the Caballas stores and am luck yenough to be able to stop in there as I wish with driving that way daily it just takes me a few min off my route. for all you who are wanting to make a nice round trip the new BPS should be open in Perrysburg OH in the spring they just took the plastic off it Wensday and are ripping the metal work down to start o nthe other side it looks like it will be astand alone store like Caballas so it should not suck as bad as the MI one. and the people in OH are so much more friendly. To get there from Caballas you just head south on 23 then north on I75 it will be your first exit but you will have to stop at gander mountain and Janns net craft first they are both nice smaller stores but friendly people and they know there stuff.

BB what stores for BPS have you been to? I have visited a few and they all fail to compair to Caballas stores for size or selection I know there main store is huge but it seems they scale things way down when building others I hope that the one in Toledo is a bigger one it looks like it will be.