reservoir gouin-- PART 2

carll2

well as i promised you guys another part here it is! only thing that sucks is during the week my computer crashed so i lost all my construction pics except the few i had on my camera.

i would have had many more pictures but around july i was docking the big 26ft boat on a windy day,when i lost my balance and into the water i went with my new camera. lucky enough i was able to borrow my bosses camera and take pics and also when i would guide clients would take pictures for me and send them to me by email. thank god for internet in remote areas :thumbsup_anim:

all in all i had quite the summer fishing wise,from oneday to the next the fish would be on the move,4 feet of water in july then the next day they were gone and could be found in 20 fow, very weird. i still have alot to learn as there were many days where i found fishing really tough especially on cold front days with a north west wind blowing...does anyone have tricks for these kinds of days????

now for the pics, keep in mind the walleye arent huge on this reservoir like the boq. growing days are very short and water temps barely passes 55-60 all summer long. most walleyes average 1.5-3lbs, so far there is no slot size but at most outfitters on this lake and on my boat i encourage anglers to release walleyes between 17-22 inches long since these are the spawners. limits are 8 walleye per permit.

again heres a pic of the reservoir gouin, for those who missed my last report i have the history there

gouin1.jpg

here my biggest of the season 4.5lbs which is quite nice up there,quick pic and back into the drink

DSCN2399.jpg

nice little eye

P8060029.jpg

nice and sunny oneday and....

P8060028.jpg

tuque and winter jacket the next!!!

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

heres a client i guided from france, her and her father have never fished in thier lives, it felt good to put them on the fish, she was scared to hold her fish

P8060030.jpg

double header!!!

P8060031.jpg

my favorite..i love the colors

carl.jpg

an augusts morning efforts..

Picture001-1.jpg

thats about it for my summer pics. while i was there i got to meet alot of interesting people and pro fisherman like patrick campeau and president of shimano canada , i also got to be in a fishing show which im not sure when it will air but as soon as i get the video il be sure to post it up here.

during the summer we built ourselves a new cottage with all the wood coming from the land. it was quite interesting and i learnt many news things, i cant wait for next year so i can have my new room lol

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

everyman needs a garage even when your deep in the woods

Picture004-1.jpg

ahh and here was my best bud all summer long. some nights when id go fish alone hed hop into the boat with me and join in.

Picture005.jpg

thats about it for my summer pics. while i was there i got to meet alot of interesting people and pro fisherman like patrick campeau and president of shimano canada , i also got to be in a fishing show which im not sure when it will air but as soon as i get the video il be sure to post it up here. so i figure il try one last year at this place and since i got a job offered to guide in the nwt at plummers lodge il try that after i gain a little more expirience. well thats about it let the preperations begin for this summer and i get to work the fishing shows wohooo.

carll2

thanks for all the good words guys and gals.. i miss it so much, i should be heading up in the next 4 weeks to check up on things and do some fishing since they have a 8 week winter season.. it should tie me over until may

WOW!! That is awesome. Now here's a guy who's living the dream. We're (okay,at least I am) sitting around in cities and Carl is guiding and building his own log cabin from scratch. That is mighty impressive :worthy::worthy: . My hat goes off to you Carl. Thanks for the little window into your life.