Portable Fish hut Registry

Fish Farmer

I dont want to muddy the waters again but I called the Guelph MNR office yesterday to enquire about this reg .

She informed me that it is not a miss print or error in the new regs I had to register my portable Clam hut because it was lager than the stated size in the reg.I think its a stupid rule but really it only took 5 minutes of my time and its better than a fine.

Ok, so I talked to the person in charge and they said that someone from the aurora office will call me later today to confirm but she thought that anything over 21.5 square feet needs to be registered.

I told her that I talked to the aurora office last week and they said if we remove it daily it doesn't need to be registered. She said hmm thats strange, I'll have to call you back.

Damn that BUS.

I just called to get my registration number and the MNR told me I did not need one if

I took the hut out with me and brought it back with me each day.

She said it was NOT enforceable!!!

I got one anyhow, don't need an argument on the ice with an MNR officer.

Joey

i was out on sat off of IBR and i ran into an mnr officer checking licenses (nice to see them out) I asked him about this whole portable regisrty deal since im the proud owner of 2 portables. He said not to worry, the mnr on simcoe are not gonna enforce this silly law. I know its not in writing but thats what he said.

Well all, It takes all of 3 minutes to register your hut... Might as well, Just have your outdoors card on hand and know your address, DOB, and name. To make it easy for ya here is the number (I am pretty sure you can call any office) to Aurora (905) 713-7400. The lady said the # is good for all of Ontario, and that if it is taken off the ice no registration is necessary but there is a lack of communication between the CO's and the district offices. But to be safe I registered mine.