Portable Fish hut Registry

Fish Farmer

This is absolutely hilarious :lol::lol::lol: ......I just called the Pembroke MNR Ice Hut registration clerk to register my Clam and she said seeing how my hut is portable and I'm using it for day trip only, I don't need to register it... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Call Nancy at MNR for more info...(613) 732-5502

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Surely they have to have email. I mean really what the heck are they doing? sending out the reg updates by pigeon? This is really shameful in my eyes. I mean this is such a clear cut yes or no answer. Do I register my portable hut that I don't leave on the ice or no? It should be yes or no every time you call not random.

Surely they have to have email. I mean really what the heck are they doing? sending out the reg updates by pigeon? ...

That was funny, they sound like they do and the probably have a pet hawk to keep the small wildlife population down, taking down the pigeons at the same time :lol:

Time to email Minister Donna Cansfield and let her in on the joke of the communication situation. Oh, just thought, she probably has been the one sending out the messenger pigeons from Toronto thru Lew's pet hawk area.

just got off the phone with mnr aurora office and she told me not to register my hut because i don't need to!!!! She said they are working on changing that because it isn't printed properly. I asked for an email in writing and she said that she doesn't have anything in writing!??? whatever that means. I told her about us getting different answers from different places and she was aware of it.... guess we will still have to wait

lovetofish

I received a return call from a senior CO this afternoon to talk about this controversial reg...we both had a few laughs during our conversation...he said that word was spreading quickly among the districts that this reg was the "hot potato" of the week :clapping::clapping:

Technically, the way that it's worded in the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, ONTARIO REGULATION 664/98, a CO could issue a citation for anyone not having a registration for a tent made of cloth or synthetic fabric that has a basal area of two square metres or less when erected. O. Reg. 409/04, s. 1.

The probability of this happening to someone using a portable hut (this is his example) is compared to a police officer charging you with speeding, if he caught you doing 1km over the speed limit... :whistling::whistling:

He also said that they have better things to do than walk around a portable ice hut with a measuring tape to see if it exceeds the 2 square metres :lol::lol:...

The bottom line is that they use common sense when it comes to issues regarding regs as this one...the whole intent of this reg is to ensure that they can contact/charge a person using the registration# in their database in the event that the ice shelter is NOT off the ice in accordance with the date for hut removal for that particular Zone.

Here's the link to the e-laws:

http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/en/isys...es&context=

I sent an e-mail using the link that was put on this afternoon, then I saw the 1-800 number and I called it so I start asking him all the things I want to know but I am pretty well reading off the e-Mail I just sent and out of the Blue the guy calls me by my first name. He was reading my e-mail as I was talking to him.

So I think we will have this story straightened out pretty quickly. I warned him that I won't be the only one calling because it is going around on at least 3 Fishing Forums beside s OFC.

He told me that the reply that TMHunter received and that I printed should be good for this weekend and that he will definetly be looking into this.

Yes I know that it is easy to just get a registration number and be done with it , but that is not the point we are trying to make here. If they expect us to follow rules and regulations it would be nice if the regs were clear and concise.

MAN did I stir up the CRAP. This also sounds like the 2 guys fishing together coming off the ice with there catch of 51 perch in one pail.

The guy with the pail in hand will be charged with 1 over his limit even if there brothers.

:oops: The tires just feel off the BUS. LOL

Good job we got the CP to occupy our time waiting for the ice.

Anyone reading this thread must be laughing there head off. Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes>>>>>>>>>>>

You no, this is pitiful or I should say SHAMEFUL :blush: of our goverment :jerry: .

Were did my money go!!!

I'll be fishing Lefroy tomorrow with my clam with no number. Brian I'm with you, they can KISS my :asshat:

Good luck to all you guys fishing tomorrow :Gonefishing: . See you out there. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Fish Farmer

If anything else, we definitely got there attention about this. The lady that i talked to said she received at least ten phone calls today all regarding portable fish hut registrations :clapping: (that was at 3:30pm)

She also said something about it being a misprint and that the head office is in Peterborough and they are looking into it. Kind of frustrated that she sounded so sure that i didn't need to register my hut, but wouldn't give me anything in writing :dunno: :dunno:

I agree with Brian, register this!!! :asshat:

lovetofish