Portable Fish hut Registry

Fish Farmer

I hope my printer is working. I'll be waiting, thanks guys.

Yesterday when is was talking to the girl at the 1800 number, she told me if you have an issue get a hold of the fisheries biologist of that area and tell him your complaint. As "Gronz" says they don't even own a fishing rod.

I agree registration numbers on a portable hut really don’t make sense. I could see if the hut was going to be left set up for days on end then, yes. But I have to ask .... “What’s the point of hut registration numbers?” ... To hold people accountable for those who – let them sink in the spring, – leave a line in the water when they are not there, – litter. The person who is using a portable hut is always with the portable hut, thus, accountable at all times.

Registering portable huts does not make sense.

Or am I missing a good reason to register them?

Entropy

i'll be out next monday, in my UNREGISTERED tent!

Your CRAZY !!

Going out in an unregistered tent !@!!!!!! Your just asking for it aren’t you!?

I think we should ban unregistered permanent huts just to be on the safe side.

My jacket is very large and poofy, perhaps it too should be registered. “It’s like wearing a portable hut!”

LOL

This is stupid.

Entropy

Wow .. I cant believe I read this whole thread ... what a big to-do over nothing. It took me all of 5 minutes to get a LIFE-TIME registration number for my portable hut ... I got one last year because I didnt feel like taking it down everynight ... the darn thing got stolen (but thats another story) .. anyhow the number they give you stays with you forever ... I just printed mine on the 'puter and stuck it in one of those high-school plastic page protectors (like the one I use for my OFC logo (for the big derby) ... then I stitch it to the door (mine is tent like material) .... anyhow whats the big deal ....

I swear sometimes we make so much noise over the petty issues we wont be heard when we have something really important to complain about.

I received this e-mail from MNR this morning which clarifies the "portable hut registration" issue.

Hi Steve,

Please accept my apology for not sending you that email yesterday. I got swamped and totally forgot!

I'm not at work today, but checked my voice mail this morning. Thanks for calling back with a reminder.

So here goes:

For the 2008 ice fishing season, portable ice huts that are removed off the ice at the end of the day do not require a registration number. As well, any shelter erected for storage or eating purposes that are removed at the end of the day also do not require a registration number.

Hope this is what you need.

Again, I'm sorry for not sending this out to you yesterday.

Happy Fishing and be careful out there.....ice conditions/thickness are not consistent.

Diane

North Bay MNR District Office

3301 Trout Lake Road, P1A 4L7

North Bay, On

(705) 475-5550

yhanks

that helps

but without a last name or email address it may be iffy

could you cut and paste the whole thing with your question and their answer along with email address from the MNR and just XXXXXX@ whatever your name and address but keep theirs..

it will just help to legitimize it to any CO that questions it

yeah it really is that big a deal

only some people who asked the MNR were told no you don't need them

and others like me were told yes you do need them....

I just want a clear in writing from the MNR office answer that I can carry with me, so when the same CO sees me on the water ,I can show him why I did not get a license

Guest gbfisher

This guy said that you need to register. I called the Parry Sound District office.

Carl Woods

1-705-773-4208

His direct line.

Im sure he could FAX what you need to know.

This guy said that you need to register. I called the Parry Sound District office.

Carl Woods

1-705-773-4208

His direct line.

Im sure he could FAX what you need to know.

I just talked to Carl and he is the resource desk "clerk" for Parry Sound....he said that he was just going by what is printed in the 2008 regs. :huh::huh: ..I asked if I could speak to an enforcement officer and he informed me that they were in a total different building elsewhere in Parry Sound..

I also spoke to the MnR office in Peterborough and in Bancroft and they both read the internal regulation to me word for word and both said that you NEED to have a Licence number on portable huts. The regulation States

Any Tent Shelter or Object with a base of greater than 21.5 square feet that is erected, placed on, fished from or under needs to have a registration number.

It makes no mention of huts being taken off the ice exempt.

The numbers are now tied directly to your OOD card number and are permanent.

Your number is your number for LIFE. You put it on all huts you have no matter what area or lake its on. You only need to register for a numebr once. You just re use the number. Btter get your number soon before the number get into 20 digit long things.

I have a 4 digit number, but many areas are already giving out 8 digit ones. Just wait in a few years your gonna need a 3 foot long card with your 30 digit number.

see see

this is the crazy thing about the MNR that bugs the heck out of me

they are never on the same page

they should all now whats what and communicate with each other enough to interpret the regs the same way

if they can't clearly understand what is going on..how the hell can we