wind

Terry

this morning I thought a snowplow was going by the house, 4 minutes later it was still going by, aI thought to myself, self, there is no snow why would a snowplow be out there

I open the front door, which is almost ripped out of my hand

the wind rushing by the apartment building down the road made it sound like a jet motor running or a snowplow scrapping ice....

I have heard wind like that for a few seconds but this was constant

on the way to work I had to dodge xmas trees and blue boxes and other lovely things flying around...fun WOW

I would say the winds were 70 to 90 k and not gusts but constant

Well, I should have known my luck was going to be this bad.

I brought my portable hut which I received from Mistyriver1 and left it out on Sunday morning, with an anchor line. But with the recent thaw, I doubt that the anchor line will remain under the ice. With all this wind blowing I guess I'll be looking for my hut around Beaverton (I left my hut out in Virginia Beach about 1/2 way to Georgina Island). :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

that's too bad

I have heard reports that there are fish huts piling up along some shorelines that have blown in

and I am sure many more have headed for open water

if the wind gets the ice moving we could loose all of it, I guess Beaverton would end up with all the ice

with the wind direction cooks bay may be ok, but it could end up on shore in keswick too

On my way into town this morning I watched a few ice huts in a race down the bay. It' looks like some removed their huts for a while, those that didn't will have to go for a hike to find them, provided the wind doesn't shift and send them to the south side of the bay where there is open water.

Maureen

determined to fish today wind or not.skipped the first plan and stayed local.went to the bog arrived on the shore it was howlin to say the least.dragged the portable out drilled a hole an attempted to fish next heavy gust and im cruisin across glare ice inside the hut quickly fold er down and drive my cleats in to stop.okay so u wanna be like that secure all gear and fish of my chair for about 1.5 hrs no eyes and only a perch for my efforts so the diehard died.decided to take the quick way to shore got on the back of the hut one push and im cruising faster and faster reached shore in about 1 min was actually kind of cool rippin along with the wind.