Having trouble with my sonar

fishdawg

For nearly all of '07, Ive had a minor problem with my Eagle Fishmark 320 fishfinder. There is something wrong with the power button. Some days I cant get the unit to turn on ( or off for that matter)

I called up Lowrance/Eagle office & the unit is well past warranty & they charge a flat rate of $125 to look at it.

Its gotta be a small problem with the button & when its pressed down, probably not allways making proper contact underneath? Anyone ever take a sonar apart themselves? What do you suggest I do? ( I do have a spare lower grade Eagle that will get me in the meantime) The unit works very well otherwise.

No room in the budget for new unit untill next offseason (bought all my toys for 08 allready :whistling: )

Mark I ran into the same problem with a older LCD Hummingbird, they had a set rate plus shipping. I was talking to a local tackle shop owner one day and he gave me a number of a local guy that fixed mine for $25. Maybe someone here can chime in with someone that will work on it for you

Good Luck!

Its gotta be a small problem with the button & when its pressed down, probably not allways making proper contact underneath? Anyone ever take a sonar apart themselves? What do you suggest I do?

I am not sure if they still build Eagles they way they used to. If they do, then there is no way that you will get it apart without resorting to a sledge hammer... good luck getting back together after that.

It may be different now; but in the past they had a fixed fee to replace your unit as the units were not serviceable (they couldn't get them apart either). Once they ran out of inventory for your unit then you were SOL as far as service was concerned. That happened to me with my Eagle Magna II.

If they have changed the way they are made, and you can get it apart; then fixing it yourself is probably your best option. If not, then send it back for replacement right away; especially if your model is no longer in production. Once they are out of stock then you are out of luck.

sounds like loose wiring or a bad contact somewhere. i had a similar problem with my humminbird portable fishfinder, one of the batteries left some corrosion on the top panel where the batteries are placed. i just cleaned that off, and now it's working fine.

good luck with your unit.

I am not sure if they still build Eagles they way they used to. If they do, then there is no way that you will get it apart without resorting to a sledge hammer... good luck getting back together after that.

It may be different now; but in the past they had a fixed fee to replace your unit as the units were not serviceable (they couldn't get them apart either). Once they ran out of inventory for your unit then you were SOL as far as service was concerned. That happened to me with my Eagle Magna II.

If they have changed the way they are made, and you can get it apart; then fixing it yourself is probably your best option. If not, then send it back for replacement right away; especially if your model is no longer in production. Once they are out of stock then you are out of luck.

yep had a heckuva time trying open up an older Eagle Ultra portable a few years ago.....

thanks for the help guys.... I know a guy at a place... gonna check that out first

thanks everyone

power to the unit is not the issue - its a faulty power button that is

i made a coupla phone calls - Lowrance/Eagle welds there units differently then others do - getting the unit open to check out the problem is expensive & difficult to do...

I am just gonna use it this season when it works & I also have a back up unit that fits the same plug connection

a slick new unit will be purchased next year....

I have a spare unit that I can lend you for the season.

It's one that came out of my wrecked boat.

I don't have cables or a transducer, but it's a black plug Lowrance and should plug into what you have.

I won't be back in Canada until April, but we can hook-up then.

Garry2r's