UFC 79

Terry

It was a great fight... even the undercards were decent!

PS... NEVER mention NFusion on any forum that BL Supports... a word of warning...

as the for Liddell vs. Silva fight... Silva looked in good form... (Lost some weight looked tight) but took a beating... the gash over his eye did help matters....

GSP Vs. Hughes... once again GSP has shown he is where he deserves to be.. he owned Hughes.. and to make the guy tap verbally is the worst thing you can do to an MMA fighter.. hear hughes scream I tap I tap I tap!.... almost as bad as saying uncle... Hughes will retire.. and write his second book...

If liddell lost... I assumed he would have retired too...

GSP was classy.. I like this belt... but I dont want to be the interm champ... as far as I am concerned this is Matt S's ... that showed respect for Matt S.

for those of you into FTA... drop me a PM... I just so happen to be a moderator on BlackLists IRC server/channels :) and I am sureeeeeeee you know who BL is..

have a great night!

G

Awesome fights. Silva is finished. He just doesn't look like the guy who annihilated Rampage anymore. I think he was never the same after the first loss to Arona in Grand Prix, even though he supposedly "avenged" the loss in a questionable decision afterwards. The execution by CroCop and the beat down from Hendo were the finishing touches. He got taken down twice by Liddell! Unreal, very gutty performance by Chuck after 2 tough losses.

GSP is simply better than Hughes at every single facet of the sport. Hughes dominated through the years primarily by being ungodly strong for his size and being able to outwrestle and outmuscle every opponent. Skilled grappling opponents like Newton, Hallman and BJ Penn gave him some problems. GSP is now not only more skilled in every facet, he was also clearly stronger.

To me the fight that I was anticipating the most was Soko versus Machida. Wow, I was stunned. Soko is a judo master but he got owned on the ground. The 2 guys he recently KOed (Little Nog and Arona) were no BJJ slouches by any means, but it just shows where Machida is at. Definitely a contender for the LHW belt. Deserves a shot at the winner of Rampage/Forrest or at least at someone like a Tito, Jardine or Chuck.

The classlessness on both individuals in the Clementi/Guillard fight was a shame.

Charles

If FTA ever goes back online I may catch the replays during the week. DAMMIT!

Glad to hear GSP and Chuck won. I figured Chuck would win because he was hungry. I also picked GSP with little uncertainty. From what I read on UFC.com, sounds like GSP owned him much like he owned Kosschek or GSP vs Hughes 2. I agree, GSP is one classy dude. Good on him.

Just watched the fights, WOW is GSP a monster! That belt will be back on his shoulders when Serra is able to go again. I thought Silva Lidell would have been better. Lidell looked gassed at the end of the 3rd... Maybe some jitters on Silvas part. Give him a few more fights and I think we'll see a much more dominant fighter. Machida/Soko was a nice surprise. Just goes to show what a real technical guy can do to a brawler. Everytime Soko threw a punch, all he was hitting was air. Good card!

I'm really looking for the rematch of GPS and Serra, if George comes in like the last couple of times, I can;t really see him losing soon, also remember-he's only in his 20's! still learning, I was also dissapointed in Machido-Sudo. Charles, sometimes a guy has an off night, remember in a team sport you can simply flaot and blend in in MMa it's only you!

Mr. Kulik (yo what's up), I was not disparaging Soko by any means. The guy is incredible. To knock out Arona and Little Nog is unbelievable as they both have awesome chins. I think Machida is just totally the real deal. He was the first to beat Rich Franklin but he has not been in the forefront or fighting in the top leagues, but I remember hearing about this guy a few years back and his game really seems to be complete. He totally dominated Nakamura who held his own against a lot of Pride's top 205ers and he exposed Soko's lack of ground game as well as his lack of accuracy in crisp punches.

I think someone that needs to be factored in to the mix at 170 is Jon Fitch, he looked really really top notch in beating Diego.

A great fight for 2 years down the line is GSP versus Anderson Silva. Maybe at a catch-weight of 177.5 or even 180. At 185, I think Silva might be too much for him, but I would never count GSP out.

Charles

No-one can trade with A.Silva. Theres always a punchers chance(see Serra vs GSP 1), but I just don't see him getting stopped standing. IF he were to drop down, I would say GSP would have to do what Henderson will try and do. Get inside and try and get the fight to the mat. I think Hendo may take that one if he succeeds in getting Silva down and keeps him there. If he can't, it'll be a long night for Dan.

I think it will be a really focused GSP for sure, Jeff Joslyn has a 3 fight deal with the UFC, showed a good acount of himself against Koschek I know he had injury issues, he is trained by my freind and former coach Vito Brancaccio of All Canadian Martial Arts in Mississauga, Vito is an awesome trainer and martial artist , Jeff will be well trained , looking forward to it!

I think it will be a really focused GSP for sure, Jeff Joslyn has a 3 fight deal with the UFC, showed a good acount of himself against Koschek I know he had injury issues, he is trained by my freind and former coach Vito Brancaccio of All Canadian Martial Arts in Mississauga, Vito is an awesome trainer and martial artist , Jeff will be well trained , looking forward to it!

Mark, I didnt know you knew Vito. I flew with him to Calgary for my brother's fight with HCF in October. He was cornering Sarah Kaufman when she dummied Ginele MArquez. He's a great guy.

Yes he is, funny thing-to look at him you wouldn't think he"s that tough, but man can that guy hit! his body punches would shake you right down to the shoes! Very Knowledgeable about the fight game too, have to make some time to visit him soon,we had a lot of fun times at the fights and the gym, hope your brother makes it the the UFC Steve.