Looks like Ice Fishing for Simcoe Perch are starting to heat up!

Vanselena

maybe it's just me

but I would rather see someone post the info rather then a link to another website.....

it makes me ask, are they posting to add to this website or to get people to the website at the other end of the link....a different website, which I am sure would like move hits....

but that's just me

see, like I said I could be wrong

but I am sure you can see our point that it can become more about getting people to a different site ....

... it's a fine line and slippery slope.....LOL

Edited by Terry

no but there are lots of people and we have sure seen it before where people just post to link to other sites to get traffic and try to take visitor/members from this site. or to promote their services ......

let them build their own membership OFC doesn't need to build it for them

as I said this may not be the case here but I thought that I would get the heads up........

there are guys that pay for the great bandwidth that this site uses and to maintain it and I would hate to see it become a portal to everyone elses wet dream site...

Strange you mention that Terry...way back in early 2002 (I think it was) through someone posting a link to the OFC site on the original Fishing Lake Simcoe board is how I dicovered this site...I wonder how many of us found our way here via that way...

I do understand what you are saying and have noticed some of the other sites now veto posting of sites altogether...so times have changed but I don't think OFC has anything to worry about...

OFC is the first site I go to after I've checked the weather and read my mail...then maybe check out a couple of other sites if time permits...

I'm surprised there wasn't any mention of the Vaseline Flasher (the one that 'for sure' that would be in production this year?) those perch were likely located with . . . . likely on full power & it whitened them up . . . . oh yeah . . . . lets not forget the Vaseline Weather Predicting Service . . . . . forecasts-while-you-wait! The best is yet to come though . ... we still haven't had a 'report' from 'Musky Pete' eh?