Icefishing boots

iceguy

The ONLY thing that sets off little alarm bells in the ad . . . . "FROM $34.95?" What did you actually pay for yours? The "FROM" part of the ad ALWAYS makes me suspicious of what the price of MY size might be? I do have a pair . . . FANTASTIC for being out on the ice, standin' around, feet NEVER get cold . . . . I paid $60.00 for a size 12 3 years ago . . . on sale!! They fit the Lee Valley 'Icers' pretty good too! The ONLY 'down' side . . . . . not highly recommended for LONG walks anywhere . . . . gotta weigh 5 pounds each with the 'icers!!'

The best pair of boots I bought were a pair of snowboarder boots. No I dont snowboard,but they are warm and dry.

I find those boots that you posted,crack and split.IMO

Had mine six years Brian not one hole even use em to work around the house .The Kamik brand of boots are very durable .Stop kickin Terry's butt with them and they may last :whistling::canadian:

Guest gbfisher

The old green rubbers. They are a great buy. :thumbsup_anim:

As Brian mentioned they do crack and split but only if you hunt with them and walk a lot. If only used for the ice you can get a few seasons out of them. You might have to change the insoles though.

Im sure you have had the day Brian, when you go to put your boots on at hunt camp and you dont know who's boots are who's... :dunno::whistling::lol:

the original SORELS when they were made by kaufman canada before they sold the company are hands down the best and warmest boots ive ever owned.i have very poor circulation and my feet were always cold in other boots these are rated for 100 below and i believe it.they are hard to find now but if u can get your hands on them u wont be dissapointed.i will be very sad when my wear out,so far so good ive had them for about 8 yrs and there still in excellent shape.

My dad and I have a pair of these boots and love them but I have to agree they are a litttle tight in the calf area.Fished with about 4" of slush on the ice last year we were the only ones with dry feet in the group.Im not sure how long they last I have only had mine for one season but for $35. how can you go wrong.

I have had my SORELS for over 25 years...just purchase new liners every few years...great thick soles for adding hex screws for traction on glare ice...took the screws out and am now using some cleats a friend gave me from where he works...a pair of nylon socks under wool sox keeps my feets happy... :)

The old green rubbers. They are a great buy. :thumbsup_anim:

As Brian mentioned they do crack and split but only if you hunt with them and walk a lot. If only used for the ice you can get a few seasons out of them. You might have to change the insoles though.

Im sure you have had the day Brian, when you go to put your boots on at hunt camp and you dont know who's boots are who's... :dunno::whistling::lol:

Oh I can relate to puttin someone else's boots on.5 6 guys on a fishin weekend and all the same boots.These are just too popular :stretcher:

The boots that "Fisherman" linked up are the best I've ever seen. As I do most of my fishin late in the year in an open boat, I've found that boots rated at -60 or colder are the only things that will keep my feet warm out there. It's funny, but sitting in an open boat makes your feet feel that much colder as when your out on the ice, you are able to move around and get circulation going.

Find boots that have a separate layer, usually honeycombed, that sits between the insole on your feet and the bottom of the boot. This will keep any moisture build up away from your feet.

Regardless of what boot you buy, remember to remove the insoles after every outing and allow them to dry. As we all know, moisture means cold out there.

HH