Ice Fishing

huntervasili

Hey all.... I was just wondering if anyone had some info on any frozen over lakes or decent spots... I am hopefully going to go friday but am not too sure of the ice conditions everywhere and wanted to figure out if I could go out... couple inches of good ice is good. I know there are a few good ones pretty close to frozen, if not ready to go in minden and was thinking abouth that but might even check out something closer... Any species, cabin fever is setting in! Feel free to PM me and if ya wanna try and hook-up that is awesome too. So any condition reports would be great... Might even consider simcoe in the shallows for perch (rope to the tree ;) ), guess I am gonna have to wait and see. Thanks in advance

Check Scugog out... you should be able to tell just from looking out from the road that crosses it.

Or other members here might be better informed about the conditions there.

We are out on very thin ice here in Ottawa.. but hey where there is a will there is a way. Play safe ... don't go alone and bring a rope. :canadian:

Guest gbfisher

Some ice on Simcoe isnt that bad. You just have to look walk and chip your way. This is not cooks bay in this picture. It is another part of the lake. I heard there will be huts out here come this weekend on 5" of good ice. Dont go if you dont know. I dont recommend anyone going out where they are not sure about the ice. I only went as some one looked yesterday...Heres some pics of the ice.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020-1.jpg

Hey bill,they are ice fishing in haliburton big time,they have been for almost 2 weeks,some lakes have between 4-7inches....at night and some days its dropping to -15 its been making ice big time,lots of the smaller lakes,you should contact the bait shops in the area,and they will know,lots of splake & rainbow lakes are open year round....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks for the help guys... Might have to check out some warm blooded animals tomorrow morning though ;) have a tag to fill for the deer and have to work the night shift friday and sat... hmmm, well sleep is underrated... Might try and take a drive up to simcoe though... Hard choice... I do have all day... Grrr, I wish this was easier

Edited by Bill Parker