Fishing gear prices

bucktail

Has anyone noticed the prices of fishing gear coming down yet.

I stopped in Gagnon's on the way to the parents on Saturday and noticed Symetryes for 99.99. Thats a good deal but wondering if they just went down.

Has BPS adjusted any prices?

I just got a new camo parka from Cabelas for 99.00 US regular 275

Is Fishing World in Hamilton as cheap as Le Baron? I'd hate to drive to Hamilton to find out it wasn't. Sometimes I find a steal on sale somewhere, but in general everyone's more expensive than Le Baron, even when on sale. Does Fishing World have an online catalogue like Le Baron does to make it easier to compare? Thanks.

Has anyone noticed the prices of fishing gear coming down yet.

I stopped in Gagnon's on the way to the parents on Saturday and noticed Symetryes for 99.99. Thats a good deal but wondering if they just went down.Has BPS adjusted any prices?

I just got a new camo parka from Cabelas for 99.00 US regular 275

You can probably get a better deal here depending on tax & shipping. The regular price in most US stores is $79.99.

I ask one of the manager at BPS, why their prices where so high.

Managers response: The products where imported into the US first then ship to Canada.

I say: why would they do that, When you all ready have a Canadian import license.

So I say : that must be the reason why Canadian products are so high.

Why do I have a feeling I been lied too.

Well i have been watching several items and i havnt noticed any price reduction at all, :wallbash::dunno::unsure: maybe on big bucks items,and even then its not much...the big deals are still in the states,like cabelas & BPS...no price reductions on fishing lures here at all :angry::glare: ,none on floater suits yet,so i think you have to do your homework....before you buy,and with our dollar its still the U.S.A. that has the deals

Edited by fishindevil

Abu-Garcia C-3 reels at Lebaron are $107 in the 2008 catalog, down from $127 last year.

One of the reasons why Bas Pro stuff is so expensive is because they have to pay their rent at the Vaughan Mills Mall and I don't want to think about how much that must be. They should have built their own stand alone store. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to out compete Lebaron with the volume they sell across their entire netwok of stores. Lebaron has only 4 stores and their mail order, how many does Bass Pro have?

Yes Le Baron is the best. I make a point of getting practically all of my gear there, and if I go to BPS or some other place to browse, you can be sure I have my Le Baron catalogue in hand to compare prices. Most of the time Le Baron is cheaper for the exact same item, and when it isn't, the prices are usually the same. Rent or no rent, I can't justify paying more money for the exact same gear that I can get cheaper.

I ordered a bunch of stuff two weeks ago about 75 bucks worth of hooks, cliplights, floats and line and LeBarons with shipping/taxes in was 20% less that Cabelas it is simple for me I want to save and shop Canadian and LeBarons allowed me to do that. I just don't see the savings that everyone talks about from the U.S. I guess if you have already spent the gas and are there the deals can be had but when it comes to having most things shipped in from the U S of A the savings aren't there anymore in anything I have looked at lately. With one exception. I will say that I believe it is more the company Shimano shafting us than the retailers. Okuma, Pflueger, Shakespeare, Daiwa all seem to be within a couple bucks for price but Shimano reels and rods seem to differ by between 20 and 30 dollars on any item over 70 bucks. That they alone seem to be more tells me it has to be more than the retailer "ripping" us off. Shimano needs to sharpen their pencil a lot before I will buy any of there products regardless of who is at fault, because I don't like the gouging going on.

Abu-Garcia C-3 reels at Lebaron are $107 in the 2008 catalog, down from $127 last year.

One of the reasons why Bas Pro stuff is so expensive is because they have to pay their rent at the Vaughan Mills Mall and I don't want to think about how much that must be. They should have built their own stand alone store. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to out compete Lebaron with the volume they sell across their entire netwok of stores. Lebaron has only 4 stores and their mail order, how many does Bass Pro have?

Big Guy, not to be too harsh, but you should speak from what you know, not from what you believe to be true. If you actually "knew", you would be aware that BPS is living rent free for now. Part of their deal with the Mills corporation to get the store built.

You should also be aware of the fact a lot of the product in the stores was purchased and paid for long before the dollar reached parity. No retail business in the world has prices that reflect daily currency markets...why??? because they would be broke quickly or their customers would complain consistently. Think about it before you sling the mud guys. It takes time to put orders through, receive merchandise, sort it, distribute it and finally stock it on store shelves. If you owned a store would you sell at a loss because the dollar changed....i think not.