Leaving your boat in water overnight

jdlivewell

According to recent reports, water temp in Picton area is 50 degrees f. Boat won't freeze, but if it snows, you'll definately accumulate in the boat.

If your using any of the Picton docks, be very sure not to leave ANYTHING out in the open, it will get taken.

HH

I just got back from 4 days of hunting up in Bancroft. The temps there were around minus 8 overnight. My boat was left in the water. No problem, it was frosty, but worked great. Even got double duty as an ice breaker on the lake in the mornings. You should be all right for Picton.

Be very aware of wind overnight. If you've ever been down at picton with a strong East wind you'll know that even at the town docks they can get 2-3 footers and when they get squeezed in the end of the bay they come in very fast. I camped out that way for 15 years and have seen a number of boats damaged with overnight winds.

Calm or low winds are ok, but remember to dock the boat nose into the waves

If any sign of a windy night, I'd pull the boat and leave the motor trimmed all the way down so water drains out

She will freeze over night this weekend in any sheltered areas.

The water will freeze in your outlet tube but after a few minutes it will run free.

If you take it out of the water make sure you lower your unit to get the water out.

As proof it will freeze, here is a picture frome last weekend.

gallery_221_394_71581.jpg

Good luck!