Gotta love "networking" on OFNC

irishfield

So I made a comment yesterday, in a thread, that I was thinking of getting a couple of Canon MAG10HS electric riggers for next season. Next thing you know I have a PM from Slowpoke and he has already taken the time to call Anglers Outfitters in Woodstock and has haggled a GREAT price (below Cabelas) on a pair of them on my behalf. Brian is also buying them out of his own pocket and I'm reimbursing him at BOQ when he delivers them into my hands. Just can't beat that kinda service!! THANKS BRIAN!

Then he points me in the direction of some 8' 6" Shimano TDR trolling rods at the wonderful price of $37Cdn for THREE. I bought 6, as had he just a short time before me, and the seller is in Barrie..so I'm trying to pick the dozen rods up on Thursday as well for both of us. Saves us delivery charges all around and we'll have them in hand for BOQ to slap some reels onto for our boat guests.

Oh ya...the mandatory fish picture for the thread

augr.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Good deals for both of you :D Brian, I should have told you I asked Wayne to bring back the fishfinder ;) And Wayne, thanks for bringing it back for me, I'll make arrangements to pick it up. As for installing it, I'm sure I can figure it out....

Maureen

Good deals for both of you :D Brian, I should have told you I asked Wayne to bring back the fishfinder ;) And Wayne, thanks for bringing it back for me, I'll make arrangements to pick it up. As for installing it, I'm sure I can figure it out....

Maureen

Well crap, I just wasted a favour! :wallbash:;)

While I'm thinking about it, I managed to find the original box and manuals for the fishfinder. It should be a breeze to install. It was a good one in its day, the price on the box was $489 or something. Don't get your hopes up though, it's nothing to sneaze at by todays standards! It'll do until you have an opportunity to upgrade.

-Brian

Ok Moe, you'll just have to bring that boat over here so I can install that fish finder for you and service that motor.

Thanks Cliff :thumbsup_anim: I'll be in touch come spring....I won't be doing anything to the boat over the winter...need that time to get some stuff together ;)

Maureen