If you had to pick one lure

duckdog

For an all purpose utility lure I would have to say a little cleo. Unlike many of the other choices it works on most species, can be fished throughout the water column, and more importantly can be chucked a good distance accurately. In my mind a wormharness doesn't count because it uses live bait. :blahblah1:

Instead of a simple favourite lure debate, I'm picturing this as a survival situation.

One bait to save your life...

The spoon is good.

The crankbait is too.

The jig is super, and any type of spinner, whether it's in-line or bent into a spinnerbait would be a sound choice most of the time.

But if you have to put fish on the table and you don't know what you will be fishing for, I would chose a fly.

Something mid-size, like a muddler minnow or a woolly worm.

They will catch any fish that swims and you can use a tree branch and a piece of string as your rod and line.

Garry2rs

Dark Jointed floating Rapala, Size depending on Species. Fishing in snags and weeds, it has the best chance for not hooking up. Great Trolling lure. Oh you want to fish deep, or cast farther add a sinker. Does not twist my line. Only one problem. You have to bring extra trebles to replace the broken ones from the predetor fish strikes. As far as Carp fishing, as useless as teats on a Bull. Then again, Carp is not a sport fish as it is a transplanted mistake.

If we are talking survival one lure fishing, then where did the boat come from? :P A jig is nice if you have a boat. If you are tossing from shore and distance or accuracy is a requirement, I'd much rather fish with a little cleo.

I don't understand why you can't get distance and accuracy from shore with a jig.

If we are talking survival one lure fishing, then where did the boat come from? :P A jig is nice if you have a boat. If you are tossing from shore and distance or accuracy is a requirement, I'd much rather fish with a little cleo.

....The origional question asks "If you had to pick one lure, For a trip? (To take with you on a fishing trip what would it be?)"

Now I don't know about the rest of you but when I take a "fishing trip" I generally take my boat and I always have plenty of jigs. :P

• 4 months later...

One lure for a trip? I would probably stay home, I like to be prepared and one lure doesn`t give me the best chance for a good trip. Lure of choice on trips is a jig and pig, jig and worm, tube jig, jig jig jig, great lure, not always the best for the situation.