Lure wash on Georgian Bay

irishfield

Sure looked like a great day to be out there. I have met that CO twice this year, the last time he was with a young female OPP officer and I kind of thought he was showing off a little as he did most of the talking, I guess thats just his personality. Good to see them out checking boats though.

I too am glad to see them out there Mikeh and have no issues with being pulled over...just wished it had been before we had my way point lined up or after we'd been long over it. In the time it took the CO to lecture Glen...about something that is absolutely legal to do by the way.... he could have been out tracking down one of the lake's poachers.

This CO's "interpretation" is that you are "in possession" of a fish by taking a picture of it and unless you are going to jump into the water to have a picture taken he will charge you holding up a Muskie on a Conservation licence. This would be no different than charging a bass tournement guy for catching his 7th fish of the day, a pickeral fisherman netting, taking a picture and releasing his 5th or 7th pickeral on a given lake etc...that had a full sport licence... or the guy with a sport licence that caught his 2nd Muskie of the day and took a picture. Guess I broke the law 4 times back on Wednesday and thank God lew only caught one or he'd be goin to court with me ! You guys fishing sturgeon with a ZERO possession limit had better stop taking pictures all together!

Glen... :jerry:

Edited by irishfield

Nice report.

Were there any herring in beside Thompson yet?

A bonus day when you can find new areas for a milk run.

I also wonder why we have license numbres on the boat if they dont mean anything anymore????????

D

Edited by bucktail

Your just gonna keep rubbing that in, aren't you Wayne ??

....over & over & over &.......

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

LOL Lew !

Graham said it best on Raf's site..

Fishing boat and truck - $120,000

Gas from Midland to Port Perry - $100

Bumblebee Believer - $20

Outfishing Lew 5-1 on a Kawartha Lake - PRICELESS

I'm sure it will never happen again and like we both say..who cares...fish are a bonus..the day is what you make of it and we BOTH had a great time.

Nice report.

I also wonder why we have license numbres on the boat if they dont mean anything anymore????????

D

Darren..the only real bait schools we marked..and they may have been perch or a stack of small 'eyes..was in Midland Harbour..half way between the coal dock and the midland shoal marker. We were not up by Thompson ... think east and Mooo!

Edited by irishfield

Be careful of what you ask for. Would this co prefer someone have a full licence, then go out and catch, keep and eat one musky each day of the season where permitted? That is "legal", but almost definitely bad for the fishery (not to mention almost impossible to do).

Rob

Edited by kickingfrog

He always adds he is "protecting the waters of Georgian Bay that surely hold a world record Muskie and thinks it's strange that someone with over $1000 in Muskie gear would skimp out to save the $15 difference on a licence......what would you do if you caught the world record?". I always say I'd let it go like all the others....and the conservation licence made that a really easy choice to protect our fishery! Then he says "what if it dies on you while taking the picture" ...well it becomes turtle food like any of the many "successful" C and R releases that die afterwards. Life goes on...one day I'm gonna hand this guy one of the 5 copies of a letter that I have in the glove box on the boat...that states the MNR wouldn't even think of laying charges for taking a QUICK picture of an OOS fish...otherwise they'd have to start doing the same to the guy that is taking a picture of his 7th and 8th Walleye of the day...Oh and the letter is from the MNR office in North Bay!

Guest gbfisher
Nice report.

D

The Area towards the river is LOADED as it is every year at this time. Jumpin all over the place.

Its funny to see the faces of people who don't realize they are there as they take your lures for a run or two as you pass through the schools..... :thumbsup_anim:

Yup gotta love being guilty before you are proven innocent Wayne... :rolleyes:

Good day out on the mill pond....lol