Albert Gore Junior wins Nobel Peace Prize

TennesseeGuy

We all have a lot to offer, some people more directed at others than directed at the problem.

This will be the biggest problem that any human generaration has had to deal with.

I am part of the problem. We use cloth diapers for our kids, then I drive an F150...I hate being part of the problem, but I love my truck.

China is growing at a rate that would have seemed inconceivable even 10 years ago. We get acid rain from Russia and China here on a daily (when it rains) basis. North Americans live a surprisingly clean lifestyle, moreso over the past 25 years. When the same environmental concerns get placed on the industries throughout India and Asia we will no longer be able to support our own habits. Costs from China are up now over 25% vs. 24 months ago. We are not seeing this in the stores yet but trust me it is coming. Our habits included living in a disposable society, how many men/women walk around with a patch on their pants? Take a TV in for repair? etc.

Keep being disposable and this problem will not subside.

If you want to be part of the solution don't worry about the relatively clean emmissions that come from your vehicle. Fix something prior to replacing it. Become a better steward for your town/city/country and buy products that will survive, even better, that are manufactured in countries that are supporting environmental concerns.

Guest Johnny Bass
"This will be the biggest problem that any human generaration has had to deal with."

Now that's funny.

I guess some people will only be laughing after enough years pass to realize it's all bogus Bull.

Do you acknowledge Pollution as a problem today Deano? Also it is a known fact that carbon heats up faster then oxygen, so what is so hard for you to believe? And do you think it will get better or worse with China and India going in the same direction?

First off, we've heard it all before, ya think this is the first time, the so called know alls, predicted dire consequences. Now we're almost 40 years later and there predicting warmer instead of colder.

Also predicted will run out of fuel back in the 70's, yet now today our fuel consumption has probably gone up 1000% since then and we still have lots of fuel.

Have you heard of ERRATIC boulders, they are huge rocks believed to be carried in frozen ice, which moved across the lands. You know what, I can show you some if you like, they're all over and I bet you it wasn't man made pollution that caused global warming and global cooling to replace these huge boulder 100s of miles from there original location.

As for carbon, longer summers would mean the trees have a longer season which will convert the carbon back to oxygen.

Guest Johnny Bass
First off, we've heard it all before, ya think this is the first time, the so called know alls, predicted dire consequences. Now we're almost 40 years later and there predicting warmer instead of colder.

Also predicted will run out of fuel back in the 70's, yet now today our fuel consumption has probably gone up 1000% since then and we still have lots of fuel.

Have you heard of ERRATIC boulders, they are huge rocks believed to be carried in frozen ice, which moved across the lands. You know what, I can show you some if you like, they're all over and I bet you it wasn't man made pollution that caused global warming and global cooling to replace these huge boulder 100s of miles from there original location.

As for carbon, longer summers would mean the trees have a longer season which will convert the carbon back to oxygen.

Correct me if I am mistaken but have we not had increased bad weather activity?

Well think about it....If the ice caps are melting, it would make the water surrounding the caps colder(which would account for snow moving more southern and hurricanes) which we have both experienced in the states but eventually it would make it warmer and thus make the surrounding waters and air warmer.

Just like when ice cubes melt in a glass of water.

Running out of fuel? I thought that might be a possibility also, but after talking to a few experts, realize, it wont happen anytime soon. Its the oil people, who scare the public to justify price gouging. Though this has nothing to do with global warming so we will leave it at that.

????I'm not sure about boulders but there was a HUGE chunk of ice that broke free, ice caps on mountains are melting for the first time, frozen islands like greenland are thawing out at an alarming rate, we are having early blooms by a few months, our winters have less snow....What in your opinion is causing this?

I think its more than clean carbon these polluters are emitting into the air. Cant see that being too healthy for the trees. Neither is the disgusting humidity that comes with it. And if it becomes so dry it stops raining, it wont be good for the trees either......

Still. You did not answer my origional question...I will post it again....

Do you acknowledge Pollution as a problem today Deano? Also it is a known fact that carbon heats up faster then oxygen, so what is so hard for you to believe? And do you think it will get better or worse with China and India going in the same direction?

Guest Johnny Bass
I'll do my part... I'm engineering a new method to try and cap off all of the volcanoes on the planet! There, that'll do it!LOL

HH

I think the Volcanoes emit a more cleaner type of CO2 than do most factories. And how often do volcanoes erupt? You want to stop a volcanoe from erupting? Tap into the source of the Eruption....

All you have to do is release the gas build up......

Yes Terry. Why bother trying to prevent forest fires, since lightning will cause them anyways... :rolleyes:

FUN FACTS about CARBON DIOXIDE

Of the 186 billion tons of CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity. Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and decaying land plants.

At 368 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished.

CO2 is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Plants absorb CO2 and emit oxygen as a waste product. Humans and animals breathe oxygen and emit CO2 as a waste product. Carbon dioxide is a nutrient, not a pollutant, and all life-- plants and animals alike-- benefit from more of it. All life on earth is carbon-based and CO2 is an essential ingredient. When plant-growers want to stimulate plant growth, they introduce more carbon dioxide.

CO2 that goes into the atmosphere does not stay there but is continually recycled by terrestrial plant life and earth's oceans-- the great retirement home for most terrestrial carbon dioxide.

Also read the latest court ruling:

And #9 answeres your melting question.

The inaccuracies, according to the court, are:

1. The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government's expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.

2. The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The court found that the film was misleading: Over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.

3. The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that it was "not possible" to attribute one-off events to global warming.

4. The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that this was not the case.

5. The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr. Gore had misread the study: In fact four polar bears drowned, and this was because of a particularly violent storm.

6. The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream, throwing Europe into an ice age: The Claimant's evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.

7. The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.

8. The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt, causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.

9. The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting; the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

10. The film suggests that sea levels could rise by seven meters, causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact, the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40 centimeters over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.

11. The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.

Guest Johnny Bass

Of the 186 billion tons of CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity. Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and decaying land plants.

At 368 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished.

CO2 is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Plants absorb CO2 and emit oxygen as a waste product. Humans and animals breathe oxygen and emit CO2 as a waste product. Carbon dioxide is a nutrient, not a pollutant, and all life-- plants and animals alike-- benefit from more of it. All life on earth is carbon-based and CO2 is an essential ingredient. When plant-growers want to stimulate plant growth, they introduce more carbon dioxide.

CO2 that goes into the atmosphere does not stay there but is continually recycled by terrestrial plant life and earth's oceans-- the great retirement home for most terrestrial carbon dioxide.

1. The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government's expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.

2. The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The court found that the film was misleading: Over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.

3. The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that it was "not possible" to attribute one-off events to global warming.

4. The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that this was not the case.

5. The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr. Gore had misread the study: In fact four polar bears drowned, and this was because of a particularly violent storm.

6. The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream, throwing Europe into an ice age: The Claimant's evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.

7. The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.

8. The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt, causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.

9. The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting; the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

10. The film suggests that sea levels could rise by seven meters, causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact, the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40 centimeters over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.

11. The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.

Like I said before. CO2 from volcanoes and humans are different than the polutants caused by Factories and such.

Tell me Deano, has Acid rain existed for thousands of years? the answer? NO. It is due to human (factory)Polution.

Did you know there is good Cholesterol and bad Cholesterol in our bodies? One is natural, one is not. Guess which one does harm to our bodies?

As far as court rulings? They mean absolutley nothing to me. The elites run the courts and they run the oil. Billions of dollars a year are spent on hiring scientists to counter what real scientists have been saying all along. Global warming is real.

As far as the hype about another ice age coming? That wont happen either, and if it does it will be due to events outside the earth's atmosphere.

Greenland ice cap IS melting, but it will take time for it to completely melt. We are talking about glaciers that are several miles high. If I am not mistaken, sea levels are rising. I will go look for data to confirm this.

Evidence is that ice in the Antarctic is increasing?That is purely Bull and anyone with half a brain knows that. You see images of ice masses breaking off.You are stating the world in general is experiencing warmer weather so how do you figure the ice is increasing?

The sea level will not rise by seven meters but it will rise and even a few inches will increase pressure which will increase precipitation. Look at all the floods we have been having world wide due to excessive rain?

Edited by Johnny Bass

By the way my kids had to watch his film in school. I had to tell my kids there are two sides to every story and not believe everything that's fed to them. I reminded them that the world didnt come to an end because of Y2K which I bet half of you probably believed in. My prediction is that Mr Gore never seeks nomination for president because he will never live up to HIS Narration of a Hollywood film. You know what really makes me shake my head. There are actually people on this board that really think, that some of these poorer Nations should not use their resources to increase their lifestyle (or feed them) for the sake of Global Warming. What a bunch of two faced Fear Mongers. If you really care about human kind, put on a Uniform and sacrifice your family to help others instead of saying . Oh lets see, I cut 10 km hr off my speed today. Wifey separated the garbage. Oh I spent an extra few dollars that most of us can't afford and bought a Hybrid car. And to top it off, we should do our part and pay more for our Resources (oil company profits) for the sake of Global Warming. Like it or not, we are all dependant on everything that Gore preaches against in his film. I know because I remember 6 weeks I spent helping others during the ice storm without electricity and heat. Some of them (You) probably would of died. And SUVs and Big trucks have never had better sales. What would happen if we cut Trucking in half in Ontario. Think about it before you open your mouths. Luv this thread

The problem with global warming or climate change is thats what climate does, it changes, and the whole global warming movement produces debate and debate produces more debate and no action. Back in the old days when we had pollution we knew we had pollution and some action would be taken to reduce pollution instead of debating if this action would change the weather. Instead of targeting climate change in the future lets just be happy with saving lives now.

Nice cut and paste job. Normally when you quote word for word you reference where you got that material from...or is that a problem for you seeing that website might have an address like WWW.GLOBALWARMINGHOAX.COM

Edited by scuro