New Wheels (n/f)

Carp

After my recent trip to Quinte where I took the mini van and left my wife and 3 kids without

transportation, it was quickly decided I needed a new vehicle.

Laura doesn't drive manual tranny's, so even though I left my pick-up behind, she wasn't able to use it.

Not exactly the optimum vehicle for the family, even if it did have an automatic tranny.

Well, it didn't take long to make the decision once I got home from my fishing trip.

Here's the newest girl in my life, now parked at the end of the driveway.

2007 FORD ESCAPE LIMITED SUV - 3.0 litre engine, 4x4 with automatic tranny :rolleyes:,

trailer hitch, wiring and tranny cooler.

Her towing capacity is rated at 3500lbs. Should be fine for my needs.

gallery_48_98_41923.jpg

The old girl....still in the driveway, but now listed in this sites classifieds.

1992 FORD RANGER XLT Ext. Cab Pick-up - 4.0 litre, 4x4 with 5 spd. manual tranny.

gallery_48_98_36895.jpg

The Ranger has a 5000 lb. hitch Bill.

I don't think I've towed more than about 2500 lbs. with it though.

The truck does need some work.

Thanks guys/gals.

I was overdue for a new vehicle.

No worries Wayne. I know it's the right vehicle for me. :thumbsup_anim:

Funny story since some people prefer imports. Dad was with me when I went to the dealer for the truck.

The next day, he was at my brother's house and ended up at a dealership looking at vehicles again.

Bro picked up a new Honda Pilot SUV. An upgrade in size from his Toyota Highlander.

Our dad must think we won the lottery to both be getting new vehicles just before Christmas.

Actually, they're both leases.

We have 3 kids each, from newborn to 7 years old.

Plus lots of neices and nephews from the wives' side of the family.

My wife started Christmas shopping at the beggining of last month and has been out doing the festive stuff almost every day.

If she keeps it up, I'm sending her back to work to support her spending habits. ;)

Edited by Carp

Nice new vehicle! My Dad bought one last year, drove it to the East Coast and back and enjoyed the vehicle. One thing he did notice, going from a pick up (GM I think) was that the gas mileage on the Escape wasn't much better than the pick-up, but the Escape is much more comfortable to drive and own.

HH

Nice ride. Always knew you were a bit of a 'suck' ... whine a little and the wife gets you a new toy for Xmas. Bet that won't work on Ruth ... hehe. Come to think of it, that's how I got the one I have now. Hmmm .. wonder if I can get a boat under the tree.

No kidding, it's a nice vehicle ... enjoy.