Possible solution for Fishing poachers

jedimaster

OK, so I have been thinking about how to arrange something, and everyone knows that a single complaint and a single call to the MnR will never likely result in an arrest, charge or even the MnR leaving there office.

What I am proposing is to have a pool of phone numbers similar to a no bus day at school when parents used to phone other parents.

Designate 2 or 3 people as heads and each of them have a few phone numbers along with a list of 3 or 4 other numbers, each of those numbers will have 2 or 3 people's number and a few of those have a few more etc...

Then when you see a fishing crime, phone the head number and that person passes the details to the others and so on and everyone individually phones the MnR and reports the incident, maybe a raft of 50 calls on an incident will cause the MnR to get up off there chair. Since one call doesn't seem to work.

What do you guys think?

This would give one phone number to distribute to everyone to start the chain of events.

GOOD IDEA BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST HERSAY

OK, so I have been thinking about how to arrange something, and everyone knows that a single complaint and a single call to the MnR will never likely result in an arrest, charge or even the MnR leaving there office.

What I am proposing is to have a pool of phone numbers similar to a no bus day at school when parents used to phone other parents.

Designate 2 or 3 people as heads and each of them have a few phone numbers along with a list of 3 or 4 other numbers, each of those numbers will have 2 or 3 people's number and a few of those have a few more etc...

Then when you see a fishing crime, phone the head number and that person passes the details to the others and so on and everyone individually phones the MnR and reports the incident, maybe a raft of 50 calls on an incident will cause the MnR to get up off there chair. Since one call doesn't seem to work.

What do you guys think?

This would give one phone number to distribute to everyone to start the chain of events.

Guest lundboy

Better yet, sneak over and let the air out of all of their tires while they are poaching!

Maybe the MNR COs are just not getting there fast enough. You know, having to raise some money first for gas, wait for a staggered shift to come their way etc.

This way it gives them plenty of time to get there before the poachers leave!

:D

Maybe tell them you've been shot...

It reminds me of that joke when the guy calls in about someone breaking into his home and the operator says they've dispatched an officer but they are all busy and it will take a long time...so he calls back and says he shot the burglar, then suddenly there are 5 cruisers pulling up within minutes...the officer says 'I thought you said you shot the burglar' and the guys says ' I thought it was going to be a long time'...something along those lines anyay :lol:

Joking of course...

Tony

Kinda reminds me of the ole......"pissst, the colour is blue, pass it on"

by the time it gets to the last person the colour is... "a ford mustang flew off the bridge"

Good idea but stories have a way of getting twisted out of shape the more they are told.

I like the letting the air out of the tires idea, only if your sure the tires belong to the poacher and not another law abiding angler. If I returned to my truck with no air in the tires. People would get thrown in the lake. haha

Oh boy. This reminds me of a program that was on TV a long time ago - "The Forest Rangers".

It was about a bunch of kids who somewhere in Northern Ontario ran around the country side catching bad guys or helping to catch bad guys and at the same time getting into trouble.

carp-starter :canadian:

why not say something to the poachers? I have many many times,...they usually leave,...I have also gone so far as to cut lines,.. or you could stand there and call the OPP and let them know you are calling,..see if they stick around,...Education works well to for the right crowd,..bring a net and land the fish for them and then let it go,...if you beleive in 'Anti-poaching',..stand up for it!!!

PS,..not advocating violence or anything,...just read that other post that is now locked,....I believe the incident happened in Sutton? I lived near there for a brief period of time,..interesting place...lol.....and they dont much like anyone from outside of georgina in there stomping ground,..in the summer,...if your drivers license says your from georgina,..its free to park by the beach,...however if it doesnt,..they charge u like $40 or something crazy to park,..then if you go to the beach you will quickly realize most of the visitors are not from Georgina.

PSS,..on the education front,..maybe NOT having ads on websites like this saying....'bag a freezer full of walleye everytime you go fishing',..may help,...im not sure thats sending the right message!!! :wallbash::rolleyes:

Edited by Milty

I'M NOT POKING THE HORNETS NEST ....

with the technology of today a cell phone can go a long way in court... it can take a picture ..

film a videoclip... serve as proof to time and date ... has a trackable signal ... and better yet can be used as phone to call for help or to REPORT A POACHER .. :thumbsup_anim:

I reasoned with a few out of town poachers this spring... i explained to them that this was my hometown water and that fishing was closed...if it would have been open i would be fishing right beside them...and that the regs book was in plain view sitting on a tackle box...it was a sanctuary :wallbash: .

they had a cage full of fish from walleye ,white bass, catfish , and some suckers...

I was called a , Trailer Trash Redneck and was told to go get myself a fresh bag of CRACK..and was i gonna pay for their gas back to Oakville <_< .and to leave them the F alone.. so I did for about 10 minutes I then came back with my freind Rick he's the local C/O...

In the meantime i told Rick what had just happened... he proceeded to lay 3 charges per person..them told them politely that they would have to pay their own gas to and from Oakville because they now had a court date... :clapping:

took their gear and fish and put it in the box of his truck. :clapping: :

I then received a Handskake and a MNR keychain.. not to mention the satisfaction of having made a little dent in the poacher population :stretcher:

I'M NOT POKING THE HORNETS NEST ....

with the technology of today a cell phone can go a long way in court... it can take a picture ..

film a videoclip... serve as proof to time and date ... has a trackable signal ... and better yet can be used as phone to call for help or to REPORT A POACHER .. :thumbsup_anim:

I reasoned with a few out of town poachers this spring... i explained to them that this was my hometown water and that fishing was closed...if it would have been open i would be fishing right beside them...and that the regs book was in plain view sitting on a tackle box...it was a sanctuary :wallbash: .

they had a cage full of fish from walleye ,white bass, catfish , and some suckers...

I was called a , Trailer Trash Redneck and was told to go get myself a fresh bag of CRACK..and was i gonna pay for their gas back to Oakville <_< .and to leave them the F alone.. so I did for about 10 minutes I then came back with my freind Rick he's the local C/O...

In the meantime i told Rick what had just happened... he proceeded to lay 3 charges per person..them told them politely that they would have to pay their own gas to and from Oakville because they now had a court date... :clapping:

took their gear and fish and put it in the box of his truck. :clapping: :

I then received a Handskake and a MNR keychain.. not to mention the satisfaction of having made a little dent in the poacher population :stretcher:

That is absolutely Incredible,...good for you for not losing your cool at the snide comments,...I dont know if i would have had the patience,..but then again I dont have a CO for a buddy,..never even seen one in fact,...good to hear charges were laid,..dont hear that very often compared to what goes on!!!

I like Miltys Idea with saying something to them, maybe even showing them the regulations. As far as going around and secretly taking pictures and calling the authorities without confronting the poacher only shows me that you have no balls and kind of reminds me of of the sneaky neighbor that phones the cops for any type of complaint and then denies it. Wouldn't it irk you, especially if you might be the one in the wrong. But I agree, something has to be done, especially with our ever growing population.

Oh boy. This reminds me of a program that was on TV a long time ago - "The Forest Rangers".

It was about a bunch of kids who somewhere in Northern Ontario ran around the country side catching bad guys or helping to catch bad guys and at the same time getting into trouble.

carp-starter :canadian:

lol how old are you carp-starter????????????

Never mind, I digress, I remember that program also, lol.

I do not get confrontational with many people, occasionally make mention of possible transgressions on their part, with regards to regulations, but have never gotten into any heated confrontation with anyone about it.

And, glad I did not.

Yup, if you can do so, take pictures, and if you can identify their vehicle, take a pic of the license plate, and forward the info to the MNR tips line.

Some amazing things can come out of those simple things, without confronting the individuals directly.

I spotted some stuff posted on Youtube a few months back, and went.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Reported it to the MNR, and they are presently still investigating it, it takes a bit. The person may not be charged, but they will certainly be aware from now on of their transgression of the law, and the fact that they actually videotaped themselves doing it.

Probably just means they won't bring the video camera along the next time, or post it on Youtube if they do, lol.

tjsa stated ---

lol how old are you carp-starter????????????

Never mind, I digress, I remember that program also, lol

tjsa, I am old enough to remember that the program was on TV just about 2 months ago when it was terminated. :clapping:

It was being shown on Sun TV, CKXT here within the Cogeco area (Burlington, Oakville etc). Sun TV is showing other old TV shows in the afternoon during the week.

How old are you since you must remember the time it was show originally? :whistling::whistling:

Have a nice Thursday - :canadian:

carp-starter