Even after 38 years and 1000's of lbs they never cease to amaze me

BITEME

:thumbsup_anim: Well last night I went out to play. Went 0 for 3 but had a riot Faught one for fifteen minutes many peels and lots of acrobatics but he decided to go toward the one place where he shouldnt have I felt the line chuffing along this demon spot another run and it was over, Number two was on for a couple of minutes and threw the hook. Alas number three the freight train this was definatly the best part of the night this thing slammed the lure and almost reefed the rod from my hands he procedd to turn and run to the lake it was a constant screem for 175 yards well we all no what happens then, the inevitable gunshot. Oh well it was all very COOL. I would put this fish in the 40 range so all in all for 30 mins not a bad night at all. :Gonefishing:

2 cleos $12.00

2 wire leaders $ 3.00

175 yards of Big Game $ 10.00

Being Spooled(Schooled) by a big Chinny

PRICELESS :clapping:

BITEME

Great report! I haven't hooked into a huge one yet...

For me and these powerful fish, the fight is the awesome part...landing them is a little anti-climactic. First you have the heart stopping hit...then the adrenaline pumping runs and jumps...then the not knowing where the fish is until it surfaces....then it's all pooped out and you bring it in....LOL.

Great report! I haven't hooked into a huge one yet...

For me and these powerful fish, the fight is the awesome part...landing them is a little anti-climactic. First you have the heart stopping hit...then the adrenaline pumping runs and jumps...then the not knowing where the fish is until it surfaces....then it's all pooped out and you bring it in....LOL.

Paitence GRASSHOPPER!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I use a leader because I use power pro line...a non-stretch line. I'll put a mono or fluro leader on it to absorb some of the shock when they change directions suddenly or take off on a run. Just a little extra insurance so that the sudden change in direction/speed doesn't snap my line. Also, they do have teeth... :o:)

Yea I got spooled as well I don't know where you were but I was at Bronte, and tried to aviod the crowds so I went a bit down from the pier. And the first time when I was using Power Pro I got spooled In a matter of 10-20 seconds. It peeled and peeled then it stopped and there was onyl a few yards left tso I tightened the drag because I had power pro but the beast just peeled away. It sucked but now I've learned my lesson. Got a bigger reel with aorund 400 yards on it.

I've been spooled more than few times at Bronte and I usually use 20lb XT. A guy on the pier told me if spooling is inevetible try opening the bail. It worked once for me, it stopped pulling thinking it was free I suppose. I lost that one on the next run however. I don't mind losing to a fish but I hate the thought of a fishing running around dragging 150yrds of mono.

-Brian

awsome im going tonight.after seeing ccmt report cant let him and bly have all the fun.been out a few times earlier this season but seems like theres more fish now.iv already tossed away 30 bucks in cleos on snags and one on a fish but hey thats salmon fishing.

awsome im going tonight.after seeing ccmt report cant let him and bly have all the fun.been out a few times earlier this season but seems like theres more fish now.iv already tossed away 30 bucks in cleos on snags and one on a fish but hey thats salmon fishing.

LOL fishtat2....I'm not going out tonight...my mom is coming over for a visit. I'm gonna have to talk to her about the timing of her visits....you know...cant come during the salmon run, the fall steelhead run, the trout opener, bass opener, walleye opener, muskie opener and anytime those seasons are open. So I'm thinking Feb would be a good time...hehe.

Someone once told me that if you are not losing tackle catching salmon and trout, then you're not doing it right.... :lol:

:asshat:(finger) :asshat:(finger)

Another one of those guys who has alot of fish stories and no fish pics now I truly know who owns the Barbie rod :whistling: .

Good Luck on the weekend your going to need it against Percher.

Do it right this time bring your OFC sign for your team.

Tweety Big Bird :Gonefishing:

Listen BIGBIRDNEWBIEWUSS

you are not even aloud to comment on this

you havent got a memory stick big enough in your camera to cover the fish ive caught

and as for Percher we'll see who's crying after the weekend

I think you should just sell the boat and take up golf and if you want to fish go to a local trout pond

:asshat: Peter

:asshat: (finger) :asshat: (finger)

Listen BIGBIRDNEWBIEWUSS

you havent got a memory stick big enough in your camera to cover the fish ive caught

I think you should just sell the boat and take up golf and if you want to fish go to a local trout pond

I love it when we can all get along....

Warms the heart :)

:asshat:(finger) :asshat:(finger)

Listen BIGBIRDNEWBIEWUSS

[provoke]

MIKE! You're not going to take that crap from him are you?

[/provoke]