Three Firsts - 1 for Mom, 1 for Dad, and 1 for Baby

It's been a while since I've posted as I've been swamped with work the past couple of months. We moved to Frogmore, ON near Longpoint and we're loving it. It's so much nicer then the crowded city. We miss some of the conveniences that the city has to offer, but it's a MUCH more relaxing atmosphere.

Let me get to the reports.

I had been eyeing personal pontoon boats for a while and my fiance gave me the OK to pick one up from BPS before we left the city.

I made a few mods to it - adding a wooden platform to the back for my tackle/cooler etc. and maybe an electric motor eventually. I also added a rod holder on the front. It only weighs about 50lbs so I can easily trap it to the roof of our car, inflated and ready to go.

gallery_133_237_32722.jpg

It's also very stable, and I'm able to stand up on the seat while fishing.

med_gallery_133_237_37193.jpg

There's a reservoir (deer creek) just down the street from our place, so it's easy for me to get out fishing for an hour or so whenever I have time. There's a TON of panfish in the creek, some rainbows (in deep water) but I mostly target Largemouth. The big ones are far and few between but it's non stop action with the 1 to 2 pounders.

med_gallery_133_237_65040.jpg

Now for the FIRSTS! I grew up in sudbury and had never even seen a crappie before........ Until I caught this little guy @ Deer Creek on a white X-Rap...I think he was committing suicide.

med_gallery_133_237_61948.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I decided it was about time to introduce my 10 month old daughter, Averie to fishing. This was my favourite trip of the summer!

We packed up her pink barbie rod, rigged it up with a bobber and went bluegill hunting off the dock @ deer creek.

med_gallery_133_237_63485.jpg

She waited patiently, watching her bobber...

med_gallery_133_237_8982.jpg

HER FIST FISH EVER! hahaha - I tried to show her how to lip a fish!

gallery_133_237_17421.jpg

But she decided this way was easier.

gallery_133_237_29274.jpg

And my Fiance's first Carp!

Her Grandfather hasn't been doing to well lately and ended up in the hospital this past weekend. So, Last night I took some time away from the computer and work to spend some time with my girls, and to try to ease Ginny (my fiance's) mind a little. She's been out with me a few times before but hasn't been lucky enough to catch one but last night was a different story.

The carp in this area aren't typically huge, but you're always guaranteed to catch some.

The chum is out and we're awaiting the bite....

gallery_133_237_67776.jpg

Ginny and Averie watching the line....my daughter loves fishing....I think it's the only time she's quiet....

med_gallery_133_237_71221.jpg

And the hookset ( sort of haha)

gallery_133_237_18008.jpg

The Fight is on...

gallery_133_237_92103.jpg

and after a good fight, the Proud Fisher-Woman (who forgot her gloves and wouldn't hold the carp..heh)

med_gallery_133_237_33732.jpg

The Family shot - notice my daughter petting the Carp...

gallery_133_237_101589.jpg

The bugs started so we b-lined it after the first fish. Ginny got her carp, and still brags about

how I didn't know how to set the hook on my bite.

So, early this morning, before work - I had to get out and hook into a couple of my own!

gallery_133_237_122788.jpg

I didn't have any canned corn left so I ended up having to cut fresh corn

off of a cob this morning - it was hard so I couldn't get a good hookset...

From now on it's boiled or canned.

Managed 2 for 5. 1 broke off and the hook popped out of two, corn still attached...

First one....

gallery_133_237_156035.jpg

And the second - a bit bigger...

gallery_133_237_8314.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this long report!

Good Luck out there folks!

Cheers,

UF

That report was a true joy to read, thanks for taking the time to post it. :thumbsup_anim:

You've got a beautiful new family, a new home and even a new boat to go along with everything else. Looks to me like you've got just about everything a man needs, well 'cept for a dog, but that'll come soon enuff. ;)

Life is good for you .....enjoy !!!!

It sure is great to hear from you. Your bro is keeping me posted from time to time and I've been hearing some good things about you. Good looking boat, my buddy has one just like it and loves fishing from it. Great report BTW and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup_anim: Now as Snag said......

However, I'm sure you have some more photos from your work over the summer that would make us drool.

Bring them on!!!!!

'cept for a dog, but that'll come soon enuff. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Lew - not to brag but......

Unfortunately, Bella (the yorkie) was hit by a car in the spring and is no longer with us - we miss her alot!

gallery_133_237_107347.jpg

Tamias (beagle) keeps a close eye on Averie though....

gallery_133_237_73804.jpg

gallery_133_237_964.jpg

gallery_133_237_131846.jpg

Thanks again - cheers,

Ryan

. Great report BTW and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup_anim: Now as Snag said......

Bring them on!!!!!

It's nice to hear from you to Will - I've been meaning to message you but it's been crazy. I had to buy satellite internet which costs a FORTUNE and took forever to have set up. And you weren't kidding when you told me how much work my new job was going to be..... We've been super busy the past month and a half, in-fact with Dave being so busy with tournaments and other projects we haven't had much time for "fun fishing". Dave posts all his shots on his website, but I don't have any shots really worth bragging about. <_<

Don't worry though, once I do - I'll post'em for you guys!

I might be in TO this week, if so I'll try to pop by!

Cheers,

Ryan

It's nice to hear from you to Will - I've been meaning to message you but it's been crazy. I had to buy satellite internet which costs a FORTUNE and took forever to have set up. And you weren't kidding when you told me how much work my new job was going to be..... We've been super busy the past month and a half, in-fact with Dave being so busy with tournaments and other projects we haven't had much time for "fun fishing". Dave posts all his shots on his website, but I don't have any shots really worth bragging about. <_<

Don't worry though, once I do - I'll post'em for you guys!

I might be in TO this week, if so I'll try to pop by!

Cheers,

Ryan

No worries about a message to me, you've got enough on your hands right now. If you do get a chance to come by that would be great. I hope to see ya!