A Full Weeks Report!

steverowbotham

Well, well, well. It's been about a week since my last report and it's about time to fill you all in on my past week's smorgasbord of fishing tales.

Monday

Was working a night shift today, which is not normal for me, however, I'll take a blessing when given one. Kelli and I got out to Simcoe this morning in search of some monster smallies. Hit up some favourite spots and saw lots of big fish, but they were spooky. I lost about a 3 pounder on a jerkbait, caught lots of dinks on tubes. Kelli caught lots on a tube and broke off a big girl on the hook set, dang 6 pound test!

Kellisteve136.jpg

Kelli with a couple of her Simcoe smallies, dinks for the lakes standard, but a fun day out.

Wednesday

Had a club tournament on Cooch tonight, a 2pm - 7:30 pm "twilight" tourney. Got off to a great start and had my limit in the boat in less than 10 minutes, including a 3 pounder. Had a hard time upgrading, but we managed to come in with 20.10 pounds (8 fish limit .... 4 fish each), including a 4.05 pounder. We placed 2nd! I was expecting better weight but a few of my key spots just did not produce. Pics are on another camera, will post thme when i get them.

Thursday

My younger cousing Brent is a part of the Junior Bassmasters program, and recently won their first tourney of the year on Sparrow Lake and even won big fish with a 3.75 largie.

HPIM1786.jpg

Brent with his fish from Sparrow

Anyways, with an upcoming tournament, I had to get him out to pre-fish, and give him some spots and tips. He did very well, landing more than a limits worth of fish, and not losing any!! Wish him the best of luck this weekend!!

Kellisteve143.jpg

Nice bucket to start the day

Kellisteve145.jpg

Another nice cruiser.

Kellisteve146.jpg

Nice smallie off our secret shoal.

Friday

After a LONG LONG drive following a 5am shift at Bass Pro, we arrived at Lake Nipissing. I was way too tired to get out that evening but we sat on the dock to shoot the poop, and do a little fishin. Tyler landed a nice little drum to start off the weekend.

Kellisteve149.jpg

Saturday

Saturday was a tough day. We started off going for walleye and only came up with some small perch, so we went to my strength. Bass Fishing! We fished flukes in shallow water and missed a few nice smalljaws, and came up with some little pike. As the evening went on, we got onto a nice topwater bite and started puttin some nice smallies in the boat.

Kellisteve151.jpg

Kellisteve153.jpg

Kellisteve155.jpg

Kellisteve156.jpg

Sunday

Sunday was HOT HOT HOT. The girls satyed at the cabin and drank daquiries to keep cool, we braved it and went searching. Got onto a good spinnerbait bite and landed some nice smallies in the 2-3 pound range.

Kellisteve157.jpg

Went back out in the evening for that topwater bite and it was on again, even rewarding us with some topwater pike action.

Kellisteve160.jpg

Kellisteve159.jpg

Kellisteve163.jpg

Kellisteve162.jpg

Great Week, hopefully this one will be just as good, if I can afford it!

Nicely done...What kills me is that I was on the same dock, staying at the same place and my son and I didn't see a pike over 4 days. I was also telling Ken that I have problems catching bass at his place, yet you show up and clean up.

That being said, my son and I focused on pickeral and caught limits every day. Just goes to show, I guess, that confidence in a certain species or technique leads to fish. Your report gives me hope next time I'm up. Andy

Great report Steve, some nice fish and it seems your younger bro is no slouch himself....

BUT,

after a LONG LONG drive following a 5am shift at Bass Pro, we arrived at Lake Nipissing. I was way too tired to get out that evening but we sat on the dock to shoot the poop

it appears as though you're a wimp :lol: .