Took my wife bass fishing for her first time.

DT10Sam

Hi everyone,

I really do not know what has gotten into me lately with all of this fishing stuff, and when Glen came in to work today I told him well the store is yours to run today and I am taking my wife Laurie out for her first outing at bass fishing.

Well it did take a couple of attempts for Laurie to be able to cast her line out and once she accomplished that it was time to target some largemouth bass. We went out on the Bay of Quinte for some bass fishing and I think that Laurie is now keen on bass fishing. I taught her how to texas rig some senko baits and then we also did some wacky rigging and before you knew it she was into some bass. We tried some different baits as well as some Zoom frogs however the winners were Yamamoto senko worms. We also tried some top water lures however today was not the day for to tease the bass with topwater baits.

Here is Laurie with her very first largemouth bass.

FirstBass.jpg

Here is Laurie's 2nd largemouth bass.

Bass2.jpg

After we finished targeting largemouth bass I thought it would be nice to have her target some smallmouth bass and enjoy their fighting skills on light line. Laurie became a real pro in no time and here is Laurie with a couple of small mouth bass. She did get 4 in total.

SmallMouth.jpg

Well that is it for today's outing. On Sunday Glen and I will be hitting a private lake quite hard and I will be posting pics from that trip and then on Monday I will be taking Laurie out again targeting more bass. This keeps up and I will have to charge her guiding fees :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Sam

Edited by DT10Sam

Great stuff Sam and Laurie! Wish I could walk into my job and say "Hey..I'm going fishing instead"....LOL. Some real nice fish there...she looked like she was enjoying herself. Very nice pics...and great report.

Oh yeah...I have a rather large fish for you....let me know the next time you are going through town.

Not Bad ... Not bad at all. Some very nice bass there for the first time.

Uh .... Sam ...... I don't see any pics with you holding some fish.

I played guide all day (so that I can escape on Sunday to fish all day) :rolleyes: so I did not fish and the day was all Laurie's..........the real truth....... she would have out fished me.

Oh yea I just got reminded that she also got her first salmon last week..........what was I thinking....I'm creating a fishing monster.

DSC02984.jpg

Regards,

Sam

At 46 I finally spent a week with my wife on a fly-in. We hadn't really fished before. That was a great trip. Finding a new common interest makes it feel like one is dating again. I look forward to fishing with my wife in two weeks....and yeah when it came to bringing the big fish to the boat and getting the best looks, she out fished me!

Edited by scuro

There is absolutely nothing nicer than spending the day with the person you love on the water... and it looks like you put a smile on her face... way to go to both of you... Sam for putting in the effort and Laurie for being willing to give it a shot... NICE FISH GUYS>>>

Cheers,

Jen