BASSIN QUINTE WITH JOHNY BASS (PIC HEAVY)

snagmaster

Finally got out to do some bassin on Quinte. Have only fished Quinte for walleye in the fall and have always wanted to try it for bass....arrived at mr.Basses lol at 5am. Both of us were running on pretty much no sleep but that didnt slow us down at all. 215kms later we arrived at the boat launch but the weather man was dead wrong on the forecast. It was 15dag with showers and overcast....dont trust the weather man..we started off fishing near the boat launch but we only managed a few small bass. Johnny got two on top water and i got one on a spinnerbait. It looked like it was going to be a tough day and the temps kept dropping. We decided to head down the reach and we new that we needed some sun and for the temps to rise if we expected the bite to improve. Got to the second spot at around 9:30 and within five minutes i picked up this 3lber on a plastic...thankgod we needed a good fish in the boat

IMG_0719.jpg

we continued working the shore line and i missed another couple fish and got bit off once...the weather was getting better and the fish were turning on. We went around a point and fished a new shoreline which johny has never fished before...Prime weedline...we knew it held fish and within minutes a 2.5er

IMG_0720.jpg

couple casts later another 3lber

IMG_0721.jpg

now we new the pattern..they were in 6 to 8 fow and only were interested in my lure in a specific color. they were hitting the jig on the way down the water colunm so most of the time i was looking for any line movement before the jig hit bottom and then i let them have it ...hahaha.for the next hour and a half i caught a 11 more bass between 2 and 3lbs...it was crazy. But old johny bass refused to take one of the baits that was kickin butt.lol..he was convinced that he could get them on something else but they only wanted my jig. He did manage to get one fish on a spinnerbait. Here are some of the fish

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

this one had some sort of herpies on its mouth...lol

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

johnys spinnerbait fish

IMG_0728.jpg

at around noon we decided to head toward hay bay... johny wanted to drag some tubes for smallies but the winds picked up and we had no luck. So we went to a shore line that looked promising with nice weeds. Johny was determined to ctach up to me as we were 13 to to 4 at this point...hes a great fisherman and i knew it was possible so i busted out the flipping jig which johny and I dont use very much and neither of us have caught a decent fish on . Couple casts later i get my first jig and pig fish. sweet

IMG_0729.jpg

i was very happy at this point. but I was about to be alot happier. casted out my jig into a nice pocket in 10fow and as the jig was falling it gets smashed so hard it almost rips the rod out of my hand. I set the hook hard and felt it was a good one...and it was ..the scale siad 4.5 but it looked like 5

IMG_0732.jpg

i was happy to say the least . Johny tied on a pig and jig and got down to business and bang bang bang bang....four 2lbers in a half hour and his first pig and jig fish.IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

I picked up one more on a jig and pig and we were off to the shoreline where i caught all the fish earlier in the day. I tied on the bait that worked earlier in the day and they still wanted it. I got this nice 4lber within 10 min.

IMG_0739.jpg

johny tried out a jig that wouldnt work before and picked up a couple nice fish.

IMG_0742.jpg

we both picked up one or two more and headed back to the launch very satisfied...

IMG_0744.jpg

It was a great day and we both got our first jig and pig fish. we ended the day with 33 bass and one bowfin. I got 19 and johny got 14 ..great to spend a day on the water with such a hardcore fisherman and i was shocked that he caught up on the fish count....lol.... next time we are going to get some boq summer time cranking eyes......hope you enjoyed the report and good luck on the water

Edited by snagmasteral

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant Report!lol Ya we slayed em!Alex was killin them! They wouldn't take anything but his lure! 3 hours of watching Alex pull in fish after fish! If we redid the shoreline Alex would have probably tripled his bass count! We decided to go deep for smallies and sheephead(I like catching big sheephead, dont ask me why). And then we went to a jig and pig pattern and I nailed my first jig and pig fish!!!All I needed was to see Alex hook a bass on it and give me some confidence in the bait, and the rest is history!

Another great day of fishing with Alex. Gotta do it again soon!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Sorry Brain. I cant remember where I got the shirt. I would let you have the shirt but its the only shirt I own.lol

Edited by Johnny Bass

hey 1leg ...believe me you dont want to catch a bowfin ...ugly fish and they always make mangle my bait....hopefully ill have a report up next week ...going to a little lake in huntsville with the fam called camp lake...anyone know of any good bass lakes within 20 min of camp lake....thanks guys and goodluck on the water

JB ,Where did ya get the shirt dude? Got to get me one of them.

The shirt may have come from a bait shop of the same name in Cocoa Beach Florida. The store sign was identical to it and has other merchandise in the store, ie bait buckets, stickers etc.

I can probably find the address and phone number of the store if you wanna give them a call.