Reel Question

Chugger

So we're heading up to the French tomorrow and staying until Tuesday hunting the ellusive musky. Should be a grand trip.

Of course my buddies reel breaks right before our trip. The bail has come out of the hole that holds it in. So the question is, what do you think the best way to glue this back together is (metal to metal)?

Any help is appreciated...

I'll hopefully have a great report when I get back next week for you guys. been waaaaay too long since I've done one of those.

Cheers,

-Graeme

the spinning gear is not for Muskie. this would be for bass and walleye.....

that being said, reading over Aaron's report about shark fishing on spinning gear, I'd say a spinning reel like that would handle muskie just fine.

Edited by Chugger

Your probably right about that Chugger! But unless you have a spinning reel comparable in size to what they were using, I'd take the advice of the experienced musky guys and firstly, buy a new reel, why take a chance of ruining your trip with a busted reel and secondly, have the right equipment for your quarry!

Decent spinning reels for pickeral and bass are not expensive, stop at BPS on the way up and you'll be golden!

HH

HAHAHA,

You guys are great. Read my last post before you go off on your musky tangent. iv'e been fishing them for a long time with more than enough of the proper equipment in my boat. At no point in my post did i say I was going to using spinning gear fishing musky.

the spinning gear is not for Muskie. this would be for bass and walleye.....
Edited by Chugger

So we're heading up to the French tomorrow and staying until Tuesday hunting the ellusive musky. Should be a grand trip.

Of course my buddies reel breaks right before our trip. The bail has come out of the hole that holds it in. So the question is, what do you think the best way to glue this back together is (metal to metal)?

Any help is appreciated...

I'll hopefully have a great report when I get back next week for you guys. been waaaaay too long since I've done one of those.

Cheers,

-Graeme

Sorry Bud, I was just trying to help. I must have mis-read what you typed.

Yeah I'm a spazz when it comes to typing things out properly apparently. One of those type beofre you think it through type things I suppose :rolleyes: no worries, he's just decided to try using marine goop to hold it in for BASS fishing. HAHAHA

Hopefully I'll be able to post a few pics of the big girls like you get over there on the Larry when i get back.

Cheers,

-Graeme

Maybe I'm missing something here, BUT, why make the investment of a trip to the French with a reel held together with glue??????????? You can replace it for less than the cost of a tank of gas.

I guess money is tight for him? Who knows, it's a bass reel, more of a break from hucking the big lures. We're musky fishing, so this reel will get very little use.

Also, you definteily couldn't replace this real for the price of a tank of gas.

But thanks for the input either way.

Now that's a post i want to read! thanks for being positive!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm positive there are no muskies in the French :whistling::whistling:

Have a great and safe trip

John