Amazing fishing!!!!

fishingguy28

hey guys, a buddy and i went out to a small lake we know yesterday in hopes of catching a few buckets... 8) 8)

i gave hime a trusty top water that i knew would be successful due to the conditions when we arrived.... about 2 mins after we started fishing the magic of the top water lure had begun.... :lol:

here was a little guy to start him off

normal_pics_006s.jpg

a few casts later and the size increases a little!!

normal_pics_007s.jpg

and again

normal_pics_008s.jpg

it was about time i was thnking of putting on of those bad boys on... :lol:

but i didn't.... i wanted to try out some new baits i had purchased... which i never ended up catching any fish on.... if anyone has any pointers of successful techniques used to fish horney toads (zoom) let me know!!!

anyways there was about a 2 1/2 hour lull where nothin was caught....we had a little snooze on the boat and then i thought i would give it one last crack.... here are the results.....

normal_pics_010s.jpg

normal_pics_011s.jpg

each of us with our double header pic!!

and then i started to DOMINATE!!!! :D:D:D

normal_pics_012s.jpg

pics_013s.jpg

normal_pics_014s.jpg

normal_pics_016s.jpg

it was a great feeling..... i found a system that was working, stuck with it and it paid off.....all fish were released to catch another day!!!!!!!!

hope you enjoyed the report!!!!!

well that's what i have heard about the horny toad, resulting in me buying about 6 packs in various colours.... i noticed when i am casting them out there however they tend to sink and sometimes turn over... is thos ok or should i be presenting them different???

i am rigging them weedless with a 5/0 wide gap hook or corkscrew hook...

thanks for the info....

I fish em on 65 lb braid with an Owner 6/0 EWG. They will sink if you are not retrieving them but I've caught them while they are sinking as well.

They will turn over but it's not a big deal. Often once it is chewed up, I'll flip it over and re-hook it to get a few more fish out of it.

Charles

Edited by charlesn