Glen I don`t know if you have them down there or have seen one. They are bite size for largemouth, some are bite size for smallies, all are bite size for any decent size walleye.

I don`t know how big they start out at, but just the ones I have seen it would take a pretty good perch to take one. They feel sort of odd, but I didn`t notice any sharp spines on their fins, so they are just another food supply to most species in the great lakes. Most that I have seen were like 3 to 6 inches long, I assume they get a little bigger. Fish eat fish and they are bite size for most.

Hey y y y y Rich . . . . . it's your lucky day, even though you're not a fish, this DOESN'T have to stop you. They can be bought, canned, from most food stores specializing in Russian or Eastern European fare!! Kinda expensive I believe . . . . enjoy!! (Heh . . heh!)

Hey y y y y . . . . . people DO pay big bucks for live carp, you can buy 'em at many fish markets in the city, or most areas with heavy Asian populations. I brought a couple to an East European customer of mine from Scugog a few years ago . . . . he gave me a chunk, done on a charcoal barbie . . . very much like bass!! Many times I've been asked by people I'm fishing near, if they could have my carp . . . . as long as I'm sure it's for their table, no problem.

LOL, they have some pretty good sized netting operations for carp and buffalo here also in the bays of the western basin of Lake Erie. They are also taken from here to NYC for sale. If you haven`t seen them doing it, it is sort of funny. A trap net that must be a quarter mile or so long, anchored on or near shore, a beat up old boat pulls the net around and traps the carp and buffalo.

Then they load them onto a barge like boat with wooden slat sides, pack it so full the deck is awash and the water washing over the deck keeps them alive for the tow to the processing place. They get pigs, you can look thru the slats and see the hogs! I wonder if they tell the people that buy them where they were caught? Fish eating warnings?

A lot of soft plastic lures sold here to imitate the look of a gobie.