Downloading music for free

misfish

Thanks guys.

Ok Im having a problem.First of all I have McAfee as my virus protector.I HATE IT.Going to go back to Norton.

Anyhoo,when I put in the artist I get a search but nothing comes up.I know It worked for me before when I had dial up.Do I need to get rid of a firewall?

Here we go again. Computer dummy 101. Remember way back when I tried to post pic,s.LOL

try typing in Britney Spears.... wait, no... you'll get other "goodies" for the results... just type in a mainstream band to make sure it's working... heck, search for Aerosmith, if you get results you know it's working properly, might just be what yuo're after doesn't exist on the internet lol

Okay, here's a tip from an ex internet narc:

Make sure that you set your uploads to '0'. Basically, it is not illegal to take something that someone wants to give you for free, just don't get caught giving away something that you don't have the rights to.

Limewire should work for ya. See if you can get an older version. Quite often they work better. :whistling:

Edited by Fishnfiend

Thanks guys.

Ok Im having a problem.First of all I have McAfee as my virus protector.I HATE IT.Going to go back to Norton.

Anyhoo,when I put in the artist I get a search but nothing comes up.I know It worked for me before when I had dial up.Do I need to get rid of a firewall?

Here we go again. Computer dummy 101. Remember way back when I tried to post pic,s.LOL

The real answer is... forget about McAfee, forget about Norton and forget about Limewire. For virus protection, use AVG free. For any type of download that you heart desires, discover what torrents are and how to use them. Mind you I don't do any of this. It's just what I've heard. :whistling:

I just did a torrent search for Harry Hibbs. I got "Harry Hibbs 47 songs" and "Harry Hibbs 52 songs", amongst a few hundred other results. From what I've heard, this torrent thing works quite well.

It never hurts to remove spyware, tracking software (cookies), etc... a good program for cleaning that stuff up is Ad-Aware SE. You can download it for free from:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007-Free...dl&tag=top5

Install, and then do a full system scan. When it completes select all entries and remove them, and it will probably ask you to reboot.

Sometimes it can take 2 scans to clean up everything but your PC performance will likely improve after running the scan.

Tony