White Lake/ Dummer Lake Info

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted. I'm heading up to White Lake/ Dummer Lake in the Lakefield area below Gilchrist bay on Stoney Lake this weekend for a week. I've never fished this lake before and info is limited about the lake and species. Fish-On Line says LMB/SMB/panfish/walleye/musky, is this the case? Has anyone fished this lake recently? Any info would be appreciated. TIA!

I believe it's a closed lake so real intel would have to come from people on the lake, I'd assume there would be some good fishing in there with no public pressure? I hope you make out and please update us on how it goes

Back in the 90's, a co-worker of mine had a place on Dummer. He invited a group of us up for a weekend... none of them were fishermen except me.

I brought up enough rods for all, got them set up with jigs and minnows, I casted cranks.

Caught three pickereyes on the first pass along the shoreline weed bank. Good size as well. We didn't fish again that weekend as we were considerably over served, in no condition to drive a boat.

Back then at least, I don't think anyone on the lake fished! If that has remained constant, I would say that you will do well on that lake.

Look for the weed lines in 15-20ft of water.

HH

Years ago we had a board member who's folks lived on Dummer and I fished with him one day. Not much luck fishing wise but a very pretty lake and as mentioned no public launches.

I’m not sure why but I just reregistered for the site due to this post. Haven’t posted in like 20 yrs. 

Dummer lake is privatish. If you can get onto it and know what you’re doing. You should have a good trip. 

The member with parents on the lake. They were a great family. Stayed at there place many times.  It’s there fault I bought a boat and 10 musky rods and have 3 plus boxes of baits. lol.  Good times.  

I miss fishing there  

13 hours ago, b2kptbo said:

Fished it a couple times years ago, hard lake to get into, believe all ramps are on private property. Pretty good fishing though, have fun.

Yes, I've been in touch with the people who are renting us the cottage and they said there's a neighbour close by that will let us use their launch for a fee.

10 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Back in the 90's, a co-worker of mine had a place on Dummer. He invited a group of us up for a weekend... none of them were fishermen except me.

I brought up enough rods for all, got them set up with jigs and minnows, I casted cranks.

Caught three pickereyes on the first pass along the shoreline weed bank. Good size as well. We didn't fish again that weekend as we were considerably over served, in no condition to drive a boat.

Back then at least, I don't think anyone on the lake fished! If that has remained constant, I would say that you will do well on that lake.

HH

Hopefully there's still some eyes around to be caught. I will def do some searching, would be nice to have a fry one night.All the pictures i've seen on fishbrain are LMBs but im to cheap to pay for the Premium subscription.   

8 hours ago, lew said:

Years ago we had a board member who's folks lived on Dummer and I fished with him one day. Not much luck fishing wise but a very pretty lake and as mentioned no public launches.

Hopefully the nighbour will be nice and let us use his launch lol.

32 minutes ago, Bridge1 said:

I’m not sure why but I just reregistered for the site due to this post. Haven’t posted in like 20 yrs. 

Dummer lake is privatish. If you can get onto it and know what you’re doing. You should have a good trip. 

The member with parents on the lake. They were a great family. Stayed at there place many times.  It’s there fault I bought a boat and 10 musky rods and have 3 plus boxes of baits. lol.  Good times.  

I miss fishing there  

Do you know if there's mucky in that lake? lol

• 2 weeks later...

The place we stayed at nice, small, but well kept. Had a fair size bunky. We stayed on the east side of the lake which seemed to be shallower then the west side. We were able to walk a good 150-200m from shore and it as only chest deep. The dock was shallow too. Only knee deep at the end of it which was about 8 foot from shore. The launch was indeed private as it was on someones property, he was a nice guy. That's probably why there's little to no info about this lake. There is no other available launch. He does charge a fee 20 in 20 out. Everyone who doesn't have their own launch on the lake uses this launch. I walked my boat off the trailer and down to the dock lol. It was that shallow.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:58 AM, Headhunter said:

This seemed to be the ticket. Started trolling worm harnesses around the lake and let me tell ya that lake has some decent size sunfish. Must be thousands in there lol. We focused on one area of the lake and changed to slow trolling cranks and caught some decent bass, a few smaller size walleyes and a 27inch walleye.

Autochart definitely helped out as well finding some shoals which did produce some fish but nothing great tbh. We did also try our hand at musky fishing for a day and a half -not as much as I wanted but hard to convince a guy who doesn't fish that often to chuck bucktails and shadzillas lol- but didn't catch or see anything but some decent bass lol. I spoke to a local and he said he lost one around 40inches recently but who knows. The lake is definitely on the smaller size. We casted 3/4 of the lake in about 2.5hours with the TM on constant. All in all we had a good time, the fishing was decent but I think we will be checking out different water next year.

• Like 3