Baptiste/Elephant report (lots a pics)

stasbrute

Was up at Baptiste for the annual family trip last week June 30th till July 7th. Man quite a cold front went thru on the 30th went from the mid 30s down to 4 at night and 11 on Sunday bright sunny and fishless hey at least my buds son picked up this nice smallie from the dock on Sat evening before the front really hit,

DSC01726.jpg

we did get the we girls out with some worms in the afternoon on Sunday and they got some for their dads

DSC01729.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

yup it was tough conditions the fish were not in a biting mood for a couple of days we did manage a few just had to work hard for them

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

by mid week we got a bit of a warmer over cast day and took a long boat ride from lavalley bay up to Elephant lake and my bud dave and his orange rapala (i did not have a orange rapala :( ) was on fire!!

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

i did however manage to pull a nice guy outta the slop with my zoom fluke (love the slop)

DSC01745.jpg

Elephant was hot that day we also caught some smaller bass and pike that great day no live pics sorry just these

DSC01792.jpg

Didnt see any musky or walleye this year another group that were staying at our lodge were getting some walleye fishing deep water structure for smallies love elephant for largies may stay on elephant next year how is elephant lake lodge, it looks nice

Elephant lake lodge is great, we stayed there many times between 1991 and 2002. They have a bar and a 9 hole golf course, a small beach and pretty decent rental boats. The walleye were almost impossible to find then, kinda like the muskies are now.That's why we stopped going there for our annual musky hunt. The northern pike taking over has not affected the fantastic bass fishing though. It's a family run operation that is into the third generation I believe.