Ontario Enforces Strict Fishing Regulations: Sault Ste. Marie Man Jailed and Banned Until 2031 for Multiple Violations

TJQ

Coming off the ice with gear in a sleigh.........I wasnt fishing. lol

One of many offences I personally believe should be cracked down on with more severe penalties 

Maybe a his days in "Gladiator School" will tune him up.

Unfortunately, I met a young family recently that had no clue fishing laws were even a thing. Just trying to get through a tuff time. I donated some gear, took them to get a license, directed them to regulations, gave them some tips where to go and havent seen them since. Hopefully theyre putting food on the table. I'm almost certain they wont identify species in season, just toss them in the cooler. lol

2 hours ago, slwndwn said:

Maybe a his days in "Gladiator School" will tune him up.

Unfortunately, I met a young family recently that had no clue fishing laws were even a thing. Just trying to get through a tuff time. I donated some gear, took them to get a license, directed them to regulations, gave them some tips where to go and havent seen them since. Hopefully theyre putting food on the table. I'm almost certain they wont identify species in season, just toss them in the cooler. lol

In this instance why not teach them how to catch some sunfish and perch? Open all year, bountiful and easy to catch.

• Like 1

I did just that, but I think theyre travel ability is restricted. With any pan fish around here comes the other species that are not in season. I simply let them know the risks and that some things were frowned upon. At the end of the day, you do what you have to do to feed the family.

I guess I just stuck my head in the sand and didnt want to know anything. Good people, bad people, I dont know, but the kids have no blame either way.