WHAT IS THIS?

I understand this is way off topic but I must ask if there are any Astronomers or UFO enthusiasts on OFC that can shed some light on this? Around the 21st of February I took my cameras out to fool around with them about 3:00 pm and took a few shots of the moon and this is what I got. As you can see it appears to be a shiny  metallic  craft with the sun reflecting off it on the surface of the moon. It looks to have legs and feet - landing gear. I know it isn't something on the lens or a  fault of the camera as each image is positioned in a different place on the lens. These were taken with a high end top of the line Canon digital camera and zoom lens. I had eight color shots of it as well but unfortunately deleted them before I noticed it. If it is in fact on the moon, giving the size of the moon it would have to be incredibly huge. It may be of some importance, I don't know. Maybe I'm just losing what few marbles I have left. I did send an email to Mufon and haven't heard back from them. I did read an article to put them on Youtube and go from there. In my old age and lack of computer literacy I haven't a clue how to. So I don't know where to send the pics. I thought of the TV show the proof is out there on the history channel which I would prefer  but they want just shy of $50:00 to do so and having been through Identity theft twice I don't, and never will do any on line banking. Sorry for such a long letter guys, any suggestions?

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

Edited by Barry Willis

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. I'm not saying you are wrong but it does bring a couple questions to mind. I thought of that too and I know the sun can make things look unusual depending on angle and the shape of what it is shining on but if that's the case why is there darkness (the back ground) between it and the moon? In other words I believe it has to be suspended above the surface as it doesn't appear to be a shadow as it isn't uniform compared to the rest of the shaded surface, and why so shinny from the sun? And why just this one if it's a crater? I don't know, all I know is that it sure has me befuddled. I've been observing the moon and stars for 60+ years mostly through a high powered telescope and have never seen anything like it. If I find anything more out  I will post it. 

To me

its clearly a high point of a crater that is high enough to still catch a piece of the sun  which would have shade in the crater hole and black pass the area the sun hits 

• Like 2

Definitely the high lip of a large crater.

If it was a "landing craft", it would be much larger that any structure created on Earth. Considering the moon has a diameter of 3500km, by my estimation it would be at least 50km across.

Timely, as I've recently been watching the new Netflix series "3 Body Problem"....maybe it's the alien invasion...

• Like 2

Hey Rick, I understand what you are saying, I do. If you zoom in on it, it certainly doesn't look like any crater I've ever seen. There is so much detail the same on both ends that doesn't resemble a crater. As you zoom in on all the pics and as the shaded areas change and darken it's shape doesn't change. As I mentioned giving the size of the moon, if it is an alien craft it would have to be incredibly huge. I appreciate all the feed back guys. I don't know what the Hell to think. I just thought it was worthy of mention. Who knows for sure what it is. I just received a lead from a meteorologist at one of our local news stations. as to where to send the pics for analysis. Where's Captain Kirk and Spock when I need them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah I know, you're right Rick. At times it has been a bad winter, -54 for a couple weeks. A few big dumps of snow and more in the forecast the rest of this week I guess I let my imagination get the best of me. I don't think it's because I'm getting old as it's always been that way LOL. Due to a back injury that I'm still waiting for surgery, I haven't been out fishing for a couple years now and it's driving me insane. Some days I'm in a wheel chair and my favorite and secret fishing holes are far from wheel chair accessible. Can't even tend to most my trail cams, I still hold my head high though and keep a smile on my face as I know one day I'll be better and can get out and do the things I enjoy most again.

DSCN0165.JPG

Edited by Barry Willis
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for that BillM, that's  an awesome shot.  I am trying to find the one I took a couple months back of the full moon just as it showed itself with a flock of geese flying in front of it. It's pretty cool and won't likely happen again any time soon.

• Like 1