Shimano Reel Repair - JDM

KraTToR

JDM stratic spinning. Nothing major, the spring for the spool clicker popped out and I'm not dexterous to get it back in. Not a big deal, so I have a reel that doesn't click when the line is pulled out but would still like it fixed.

Thoughts?

P

Too far for the OP but if anyone in the Kawartha area needs repairs for Shimano fishing products they have a repair facility in Peterboro just off the 115. I've dealt with them several times and their service is 2nd to none.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BillM said:

Send it to Shimano.   They have no issues servicing any of my Antares reels.  

This is a JDM lreel which is my concern and also its a very minor repair.  I'll give Kenny's a shot for this one. Agreed tho, any major repair/servicing would go to Shimano PTBO.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:22 PM, KraTToR said:

JDM stratic spinning. Nothing major, the spring for the spool clicker popped out and I'm not dexterous to get it back in. Not a big deal, so I have a reel that doesn't click when the line is pulled out but would still like it fixed.

Thoughts?

P

This may help you out. If it's that clicker in the spool gear you're referring to it doesn't look very complex at all, in this case the tab on the retaining ring had popped out of it's slot.

Edited by smitty55

16 hours ago, KraTToR said:

This is a JDM lreel which is my concern and also its a very minor repair.  I'll give Kenny's a shot for this one. Agreed tho, any major repair/servicing would go to Shimano PTBO.

My Antares AR was a JDM market reel.  Shimano in Peterborough had no issues with it.  It's basically a Calais.

• 2 weeks later...