My facebook account

Apparently it has been hacked and people are getting friend requests from me that I didn't send. Do I need to do anything? I did put a post on my time line that I have been hacked and to not accept any friend requests, got lots of responses telling me to contact xyz and they could help me but I haven't done that yet. 

12 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Wow, Big brother shure is watching! Thanks that is an awsome link, I was amazed at how well it worked. I went through everything and cleaned out a whole mess of stuff and apps, reset my password and should be good to go. 

11 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Wow, Big brother shure is watching! Thanks that is an awsome link, I was amazed at how well it worked. I went through everything and cleaned out a whole mess of stuff and apps, reset my password and should be good to go. 

Yea most people don't realize what installing apps can do. Facebook is the only social media I use and I never sign in to anywhere with it. I can see twitter posts in links but I'm never signed in to it. It's mostly friends and family and the groups I'm in are mostly outdoor activities including gardening and also some sports groups, recipes and the high school and old neighborhoods I grew up in.
Some people however seem to need to be involved in everything in social media regardless of the potential repercussions. Take tiktok for example, most people know it's run by the CCP and should realize how unsafe it can be but the only thing that matters to their ego is their online presence. Even governments are now banning it but so many couldn't care so long as they can post. And nobody that signs up for it even thinks of what the terms of service mean. Listen to this from Joe Rogan who goes through what agreeing to install tiktok on your device gives them in terms of access to your life, it's amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest just dumping your personal facebook entirely.  I did a few years ago when people where neck deep in pandemic pandemonium and I didn't want to read all the back and forth anymore, turns out I don't miss it much other than marketplace.  I created a fake account with no personal data attached and a dead end email that I use strictly for marketplace and I use it on an old tablet at home.   As for the rest of social media, I avoid it like the plague!