Krocodile Spoons?

Douger

Also try using rattletraps..They are of good weight for casting and sink for controled depth and of course have a rattle to them to attract fish from affare....Firetiger works well for me.....

Good Luck !!

Don't know if location makes a difference, but fishing from shore for salmon around here, I've consistently had better fishing with Mepps Syclops and Little Cleo spoons than I have with Krocs. Rapala long-cast lures have worked when nothing else would. Colours are funny, one day one will work and the next day?

Hey Douger, a rattletrap is a lipless crankbait. Other similar lures are rattle spots and rattle raps. The rapala rattle rap is the most indestructable of the three. They all have a different wobble and different size rattles. Some days the fish will only hit one, other days they will hit anything. One night in September there were 12 guys fishing off the Bronte pier and 5 fish were caught. I caught 3 and another guy caught 2. We were the only ones using rattle raps. My biggest salmon came from the same pier on a rattle spot when only glow in the dark cleos were producing for anyone else. My rattle spot was destroyed by that 30lb'er, pulling the back hooks off and bending the front ones. Keep an eye on what the other fishermen are getting their fish on, especially size and colour, and stock your tackle box accordingly.Good luck.

I found the best two lures for catching salmon on a pier during the first two hours after dawn were a Walmart $1.83 Blue Fox in a pattern that looks a lot like a certain of type of fish that begins with p. The second one is something that you will only find out about from watching me catch one on it because I had to learn that way by watching another angler pull in two salmon for everyone I caught.... So the advice of looking at what other anglers are using is pretty good advice. However as stated don't go spending all your egg money on what you see catch one fish today because it doesn't mean that it will work tomorrow. But then again it can't hurt to have every lure in every color you can afford either LOL. If nothing else when you are freezing your butt off, because the wind is howling a million miles an hour changing spoons will at least make you think you are doing something when the bite is off.

i've got 1 crocodile, i swear i think i could kill a fish if it hit it, it's soooo heavy :)

Ah stop yer whinning big guy.LOL

Man, I must be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind on the casting for salmon from the da rocks. Crocks and cleos and 10 inch repalas where the baits of choice WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back when. LOL

Oh and if yer lazy,treble hook sunk into a nice big pink marshmella worked well also. HAHAHAHAHAHA Those were the days.