Family Fishing Fun in the Bay of Quinte(New Pics Added)

After an invite from my cousin Percher many months ago while we had all that white Stuff my cousin Dan invited me and the family for the Canada Day long weekend to go fishing in the Bay of Quinte.Leaving Montreal I decided to wait to gas up the boat and van in Ontario.Gas at home was $102.9.Arrive to Ontario WHAT? $102.9 :dunno: All the way to the BOQ it was the the same price that is really odd.Usually a 8 to 10 cent difference.

Checked the weather before we left there was no mention of heavy rains and extreme cold.OK I knew it was going to be cooler but mother nature threw us another curve ball :dunno:

When we first went out on the water Saturday evening we had a water temperature of 74 degrees farenheight by Monday am the water dropped to 68F :dunno:

It was windy at times the rain and waves were non forgiving but we stayed out anyway.I could not get my son Ryan off the water but my oldest daughter said take me back Dad twice :( .Too cold for her.

When I packed my bag Friday I brought 2 pairs of pants and 4 pairs of shorts well you know for the summer weather.We had to wear lots of warm clothes and forget the suntan lotion because it was chilly on the willy :blink:

I went out my first evening on Saturday with Ryan my 8 yr old son and we got skunked.

Percher took my 10 yr old daughter Robin and his son Brandon lets just say the youngsters did very well.

Despite the cold front we managed to catch some Walleye and the Sheeps Head were very lively :thumbsup_anim:

Ok On with the report and pics. :D

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

128383.JPG

Saturday I took my son out and Percher took my 10 yr old Daughter Robin out with his Son

Brandon 5 minutes out and Whamo Robin Catches her first Walleye ever.Happy little girl :clapping:

Thats percher holding up Robin's Walleye.

Not long after that Brandon caught a beauty.

128400.JPG

The results of the evening Kids 2 Dads UH ZERO Not sure why??????

128389.JPG

Ryan my 8 year old son well he just fished all weekend non stop in the boat or off the dock.Yup he is like the old Man.

128394.JPG

Robin looking for Walleye #2.Ya it was Cold!!!!!!!!!

128398.JPG

This is a change fishing with my 2 Daughters Robin 10 and Rebecca 12 sitting at the Bow with her tongue out .Sorry she does not like the camera.

I was out 30 minutes and I faced a whole new challenge Robin would not PEE in the Bailing container.No dad take me back to the cottage so I can PEE there.Oh my God I have been living in a mans fishing world for so long.That justs wastes fishing time LOL.

Tybo what do you do with Joey??????????

128399.JPG

Rebecca Happy with a Perch could not get her a Walleye.Next time.

128385.JPG

I went out in Perchers boat Sunday evening this was the only Walleye I caught all weekend.This little guy

was too small so he swam to live another day.

128384.JPG

Next was this little sheepshead .Nice little battle but this was just a warm up.

128386.JPG

Next up was this guy and WHAM, do these things do the Tango.Made my medium heavy rod look like a spaghetti noodle.

Almost spooled me he was runnin and runnin .Cliff you were right these Drum are just absolute fun.I had only ever caught a little one

2 years ago.

128387.JPG

128388.JPG

Robin, Ryan and Brandon with Rock the Bass.

128405.JPG

Rebecca my eldest daughter with the infamous Gobie fish which must be terminated by Law.

128412.JPG

Another Gobie.

128409.JPG

128402.JPG

128414.JPG

128415.JPG

128390.JPG

Ok here it is I caught my first Seagull while casting for Pike and Bass.

As I was casting this stupid bird met up with my Tazmanian Devil lure.

I would rather take a shark off the line than these wacko birds.

He was biting me hissing and meanwhile his wing is bleeding like a tap

As I am trying to take the hook out of the birds wing my cell phone

Rings I answer and its the wife back at the cottage .I tell her not now dear

I have a bad situation here.So she says like what sternly.

Well I just caught a Seagull dear.All I could hear in the background was Percher

his family and mine laughing out loud.Believe me I got Razzed the rest of the weekend.

So Cliff and 007 I have added a new Species to my fishing list.

Anyway I try with my pliers to get the hook out of his wing and no way he keeps nipping my hand.

So I tell Ryan thats it get me the net we scoop it up I grab the retarded pigeon by the neck this time with a glove

I felt like a Bird surgeon.After about 15 minutes I get the lure out but now he is wrapped in line

so I start untangling the line and the bird brain manages to lodge the lure back into his wing.

My son Ryan can't help but just laugh at his dad.I finally free the flying fishbird and he flew away.

Not too long ago I remember a thread about these dumb birds.

More pics.

128391.JPG

128392.JPG

If you look closely at the bottom of his neck you will see the blue and pink lure

stuck in its wing.

128393.JPG

Monday morning and sitting on the right Brandon caught this beautiful Walleye.Not Dad on the left!!!!!!!!!

128395.JPG

My friend Kenny drove down from Lancaster Ontario to fish alone for the day

he caught a couple of nice eyes and returned home to his cottage.3 hrs drive there and 3 back.

128396.JPG

Overall the fishing was tough with the cold front but we managed to have a fish fry and kids out fished their dads and that was really

AAAAAAAA OK for them.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Sounds like you managed to survive the weekend... seagull attacks and all. The weather was certainly odd, although it made for some amazing sleeps at night I will bet.

You seem to have a wonderful time with your kids Mike, nothing like coming home from a long weekend, sitting back with a cup of tea and reading your reports. Although in saying that, you really are going to have to work much harder to keep up with those children, as it seems they are outfishing you dad!!!... LOL

Great REPORT , yet again Mike...

Take care

Cheers,

Jen

I was out 30 minutes and I faced a whole new challenge Robin would not PEE in the Bailing container.No dad take me back to the cottage so I can PEE there.Oh my God I have been living in a mans fishing world for so long.That justs wastes fishing time LOL.

Man, can I ever relate! :lol:

Great report Mike, nice job with the gull :D .

Mike...another awesome report! Wow...what a fishing weekend...sounded like your family had a great time out there. Also nice to see your daughters in the pics too! As far as my little one is concerned, we have a little portable toilet seat and bucket we bring along on all our fishing trips....and a nice blanket to cover her up. Whenever we go, she says "And dont forget my potty"....LOL.

Funny you mentioned that Drum in my report last week...and that you only caught a small one years ago. They are fun to catch...put up a respectable fight!

Dont feel bad about getting outfished...seems the only time that doesn't happen to me is when I fish alone...LOL. Bly regularly outfishes me and when the kids are around...just forget it....LOL :lol:

Again...great report, glad the blockades didn't hamper your travels and that you all had a great time out there.

Mike...another awesome report! Wow...what a fishing weekend...sounded like your family had a great time out there. Also nice to see your daughters in the pics too! As far as my little one is concerned, we have a little portable toilet seat and bucket we bring along on all our fishing trips....and a nice blanket to cover her up. Whenever we go, she says "And dont forget my potty"....LOL.

Funny you mentioned that Drum in my report last week...and that you only caught a small one years ago. They are fun to catch...put up a respectable fight!

Dont feel bad about getting outfished...seems the only time that doesn't happen to me is when I fish alone...LOL. Bly regularly outfishes me and when the kids are around...just forget it....LOL :lol:

Again...great report, glad the blockades didn't hamper your travels and that you all had a great time out there.

Ya Cliff I have one of those luggable loos(5 gallon pail with a toilet seat) like the ones they sell at CDN tire just another item I will have to bring when I bring the young females.

MTP

Mike, it sounds like you had an excellent weekend with family & friends.

Good to hear everything worked out OK for you with the trouble last week on the roads and railways, it seemed kinda doubtful for you for a little while.

Great report Mike.. :clapping: ..too bad about the weather but it was worth it,the kids had fun,and hey all the dads did too,and the fish fry to cap it all off,well done......nice fishing trip,hey gotta love all those lunds too,just like mine cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: