Steelheadphycho

.... HEY! How you doin?! Nipissing HELP!

Hey OFC! My severe busy life and rapidly expanding family has made it difficult to post here like I used to. I think The last time I posted here it was 2016!

I’m Sorry.

I miss this forum and I’m gonna put more time in it in the future. It’s been way too long!

I need some help. Rather, my mom and dad need some help. They are staying at Tom Rae lodge in the South Bay of Nipissing RIGHT NOW. In fact, they’ve been there since Saturday the 1st. They have fished hard and have only come up with 15 walleyes. Only 1 was a keeper! This is really disappointing to them. I know there are tons of different fish that they could target, but walleyes are all they care about.  They are in there 70’s so I can’t expect them to put too many miles on their boat to get on fish. They like trolling worm harness’ but I think they need to try something different. 

If you can think of something that may help them get on good quality keeper walleyes and it’s within the confines of South Bay, we would be eternally grateful for your help! And if your assistances help, I’ll be more then happy to post pics of their success.

Thanks everyone and tightest of lines!!

I have very little experience catching walleye, although I have fished Nipissing once before, many moons ago. Dressed Mepps black fury 3 with a worm was landing walleye if I remember correctly. 

• Like 2

Thanks Weeds, I appreciate your reply and I will pass the info on to them. They will be up there till Thursday I believe. I hear the weather on Nip really stinks...... ugh 

by far this has been there worst trip. May be their last. I hope not.

thanks again Weeds

1 hour ago, Steelheadphycho said:

I hear the weather on Nip really stinks...... ugh

I'm heading to the West Arm on Saturday for a week, not looking too bad then...hopefully.

My friends were there May 24, in South Bay, different lodge and had a tough time. High water levels and everything so far behind. Only had one keeper.

When I was there last year, ironically enough, the very bay your in, we managed many keepers on hard jerkbaits. I couldnt believe it as it was probably the last place id be in. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, lew said:

I'm heading to the West Arm on Saturday for a week, not looking too bad then...hopefully.

Good luck lew. The bugs are atrocious!! Bring the deet!!

23 hours ago, Dan668 said:

My friends were there May 24, in South Bay, different lodge and had a tough time. High water levels and everything so far behind. Only had one keeper.

When I was there last year, ironically enough, the very bay your in, we managed many keepers on hard jerkbaits. I couldnt believe it as it was probably the last place id be in. 

My dads estimation is the water is over a foot higher then normal. Same goes for my parents. They had caught over 100 walleyes last year at this time. 

Thanks for the replys fellas. 

TRIP UPDATE..........

Dad called this morning and said he had fallen on his way down to the boat. Messed his knee up quite badly. Why he doesn’t drive his truck down to the dock when there is a road to it is beyond me. So he goes to a clinic to have it checked. Considering we are Americans, we have no idea what to expect. Well long story short, he can’t get an X-ray till tomorrow and won’t be seen by a doctor. So with the help of the camp owner they will pack up tonight and head home in the morning. My mom will drive (be patient dad!!) two days early 

two week trip total walleye keepers.....

thanks for reading!

Hopefully your Dad's injury isn't too serious, that's a lousy way to end a holiday for sure.

That is a tough way to end a holiday, I hope he is okay. Fishing can be tough and most of us learn that there are those disappointing trips on occasion. Next year can be a completely different outcome.