Rice Lake Late Oct

Toronto_Angler

Hey All, I'm staying at Elmhirst Resort in Rice Lake Oct 20-22 and would love to get out for some fall eyes. I've had good luck there in summer but have no clue how to fish at that time of fall. Looking for guidance on what structure should I look for and what techniques work well at that time of year?

i literally exclusively drop shot when fishing eyes in the fall..you basically have to find the holes...can be very tough fishing unless you are in the right areas...if you are in the right spot...you will catch more fish than you even care to catch.

100+ walleye days are the norm for me that time of year.

i literally exclusively drop shot when fishing eyes in the fall..you basically have to find the holes...can be very tough fishing unless you are in the right areas...if you are in the right spot...you will catch more fish than you even care to catch.

Mmhmmm....100 a day eh? On rice lake on a drop shot... noted.

I doubt its 100 too!

you dont have to believe me thats fine...November 7th last year between myself my good friend, my brother and my dad we caught 67 eyes in 4 hours....that was just the morning bite and i know the number because it was a competition between my friend and I and my pops and bro.

Ive been walleye fishing my whole life. I consider myself pretty darn good at it. I have never had a 100 walleye day. I dont doubt you have had some good days, but 100 fish is a lot of fish, and id bet my paycheck its exagerated quite a bit. 67 between 3 or 4 guys is decent, but a far cry from 100.

Just sayin...

S.

Ive been walleye fishing my whole life. I consider myself pretty darn good at it. I have never had a 100 walleye day. I dont doubt you have had some good days, but 100 fish is a lot of fish, and id bet my paycheck its exagerated quite a bit. 67 between 3 or 4 guys is decent, but a far cry from 100.

Just sayin...

S.

I did 101 in about 5 hours on the st Lawrence... 3 in the boat... 13"-18" dunks tho

Not many can truthfully say they put 100 in the boat

As soon as we hit 100 we left cause I was sick of 13-16 inchers and wanted to go for Bigguns

Next spot 9 pounder

I did 101 in about 5 hours on the st Lawrence... 3 in the boat... 13"-18" dunks tho

Not many can truthfully say they put 100 in the boat

As soon as we hit 100 we left cause I was sick of 13-16 inchers and wanted to go for Bigguns

Next spot 9 pounder

are you sure you werent in the boat with me? this is exactly what we did, we caught 32 eyes between 7 and 11 nothing over 17 inches long...my pops and brother stayed in the river and continued to smash em (they caught the other 34), sick of catching small ones the homie and I then headed out into the main basin and hit a 9lber within 5 minutes. (we ended up losing the bet because my pops and bro got beat us on numbers...the 9lber still only counted as one lol.

I laugh at the fact that people saying im lying, jealousy really hurts i guess.

Edited by AKRISONER

are you sure you werent in the boat with me? this is exactly what we did, we caught 32 eyes between 7 and 11 nothing over 17 inches long...my pops and brother stayed in the river and continued to smash em (they caught the other 34), sick of catching small ones the homie and I then headed out into the main basin and hit a 9lber within 5 minutes. (we ended up losing the bet because my pops and bro got beat us on numbers...the 9lber still only counted as one lol.

I laugh at the fact that people saying im lying, jealousy really hurts i guess.

Well, since you said you easily catch 100 a day in one post, then say your best was sixty something between 4 guys, its pretty clear you exaggerated. I never said you were lying, just exaggerating.

Its all good, i just get a laugh when guys say they caught 100 walleye in a day, when i know its just crap talk.

Now Mike i would believe, he is a hell of a fisherman, and didnt just start fishing a few years ago.

Jealous? Right. "Homie" ive caught more walleye this season than you probably have in your fishing career.....but thats beside the point.

Why not just say you caught 67 between 4 guys once and leave it at that??

S.

I fish rice tons. I live 15 mins away, however, fall is hunting season so i dont do much fishing from now til ice up. If i do fish walleye, its at night in shallow water with shallow diving stick/jerk baits. Slow drag, long pauses. A lot of the time they will follow you right to the boat and smash it on the pause, so be ready. Crappie fishing is also really good that time of year at night. If youd like more info im just a PM away.

S.

Well, since you said you easily catch 100 a day in one post, then say your best was sixty something between 4 guys, its pretty clear you exaggerated. I never said you were lying, just exaggerating.

Its all good, i just get a laugh when guys say they caught 100 walleye in a day, when i know its just crap talk.

Now Mike i would believe, he is a hell of a fisherman, and didnt just start fishing a few years ago.

Jealous? Right. "Homie" ive caught more walleye this season than you probably have in your fishing career.....but thats beside the point.

Why not just say you caught 67 between 4 guys once and leave it at that??

S.

67 in four hours on the morning bite...go in, eat some breakfast and head back out. we easily put another 33+ in the boat for the evening bite no question.

teach me oh walleye master teach me about what youve learned over the last "few years" considering ive been fishing for 26 and grew up in northern manitoba i clearly dont know anything about walleye lol. must really blow to be confined to lakes that have to close their fishery because of the pressure.

Edited by AKRISONER

When you say it's the "norm for me " it suggests you alone catch 100+ a day yourself and it happens ALL THE TIME. I have had 2 super walleye days in my life. I caught 58 or 68 walleye through the ice on Scugog all on my own...ONCE... from first light until dark. I have it written down in an old journal and I can't remember if it was 58 or 68 and I can't be bothered to look. Another time 3 of us fall drop shooting as you suggest boated 80 eyes on Stony lake from dawn until mid afternoon in 55-58 FOW.

Since I'm not a hard core walleye guy and I have had my 2 fantastic experiences....I can believe someone who puts the time in can have such a magical day. But to say its the norm? Sorry I have a real hard time swallowing that.

When you say it's the "norm for me " it suggests you alone catch 100+ a day yourself and it happens ALL THE TIME. I have had 2 super walleye days in my life. I caught 58 or 68 walleye through the ice on Scugog all on my own...ONCE... from first light until dark. I have it written down in an old journal and I can't remember if it was 58 or 68 and I can't be bothered to look. Another time 3 of us fall drop shooting as you suggest boated 80 eyes on Stony lake from dawn until mid afternoon in 55-58 FOW.

Since I'm not a hard core walleye guy and I have had my 2 fantastic experiences....I can believe someone who puts the time in can have such a magical day. But to say its the norm? Sorry I have a real hard time swallowing that.

if you can do that in the kawarthas, imagine what you could do on one of the great lakes in an area with minimal pressure...

you see the fly in reports, those guys catch 100+ eyes a day any time of the year...so the absolute peak of the season? triple headers (we even had a quadruple last year), etc etc happen all the time. sometimes the eyes get so thick you cant even get your bait down before you have another one on.

Edited by AKRISONER

That's awesome numbers through the ice!!!

I've had 2 days like that too... biting do fast you can only keep up to one rod

That's awesome numbers through the ice!!!

I've had 2 days like that too... biting do fast you can only keep up to one rod

Yeah it was opening week back sometime in the 90's....the whole week was like that..although that one weekday was the standout best. Then the switch flipped and things went back to normal :(

must really blow to be confined to lakes that have to close their fishery because of the pressure.

Where do you come up with this stuff?? I have no idea what your talking about now. Are you saying I'm confined to a lake with no open season for walleye? I'm lost...

You are the one who posted 100+ fish days are the norm, I just called you on it.....why not just tell the truth? I couldn't care less how many fish you catch....just don't try and B....S.. everyone here.

S.