Managed to get out, finally

spincast

The winds and schedule have kept us of Lake E all season. Finally managed an outing on Saturday. The flies had hatched - 10,s of thousands of the buggers swarmed the boat, and without a breath of wind, 1.8 doesnt keep them away. Open your mouth to have a conversation and swallow a couple flies. Phthey.... This guy thought we were a floating restaurant

tF5GqLM.jpg

but we had a good day, Just in time for the annual freezer re-stocking

Sv56pa8.jpg

headed out today looking for G's Tyee still - none wanted to play but we met a lot of nice bows. Short strikes were a theme with lots of self releases. We lost count but ended up somewhere in the 12 for 17 range

2Zh2wI2.jpg

TfGphLz.jpg

a fog blew in and made it kinda interesting if you were near the shipping channels - and really cool as we pulled under the skyway bridge. As we pulled into the canal you could only just see the top supports of the bridge

99ZkbZg.jpg

We're actually about halfway to the lift bridge at this point

i7ZzVY7.jpg

nice to get some numbers, agreeable winds and a weekend - been a tough combo to find this year

Your son is growing up! Yeah, one day soon I expect a grunt for the 5:00 am call to go fishing as true teenager-times set in.

It's been a fantastic year of Erie for sure. Only the second time we were able to get out - first was May and we were skunked....

The drive kills me though! Erie, Ontario - 45 to an hour 15 for us depending on where we launch, kinda lucky that way. And much easier this time of year when the sun takes his time breaking the horizon. Worst part with Erie is the line ups at the launch, I find. between sheer numbers and those who really have no clue how to back up, you can end up waiting almost as long as you drive. then pulling out, sometimes 8 - 12 boats deep and didn't the guy who took 30 minutes to back in beat me back by 5 boats? Lake O we're usually in and out, or 3 boats at most in front (only 1 of who cant drive backwards)

here's to a few more productive outings this year...

Edited by spincast