Eyes and temp

captpierre

Nope

I would say you just have the pattern figured for low 70's and haven't figured out the really warm bite

I have yet to see a fish that stops eating when it's warm... they will change feeding times... locations... target food when it warms up though

Good to hear your having a good year though

Last summer I had to fish earlier or later due to extreme temps. This year has been pretty consistent. It has been a banner year mainly because I've spent more time in the boat because most days aren't extreme scorchers like last summer. Most days last year I didn't really want to fish through the heat of the day. High water helps I believe. Categorically our best years have always been high water years. Don't ask my why, just many years of observation. This year has been unbelievable for pics!

Well cooler water holds more dissolved oxygen than warmer water.

http://omp.gso.uri.edu/ompweb/doee/science/physical/choxy1.htm

Consistent higher water levels open more feeding areas to fish, probably more spawning areas too?

A lot of the walleye charter captains on this side of Lake Erie move from the shallower western basin to the central or eastern basin to follow the walleye migration as the water temps heat up, deeper water.

Does anyone know how the Montreal River is around the Elk Lake area?

Last year the water levels looked pretty much normal; form the last 5 years going there; but the water temp was way up, compared to the other years going there.

The bigger fish were not to be had; but the numbers were still good though?

Any input on this?

Dan.