boat distance etiquette.

limeyangler

If anglers have the nerve to come in right beside your boat when you're fishing a spot and start fishing, saying something to them will only result in you being told where to go from my experiences. I'm too old to get in fights anymore.

That has crossed the line between immoral and illegal...you can't operate at over 6mph within 100' of shore. He should be reported.

Dude gives it full throttle, the police boat is active in the marina and doesn't stop him? I've gone down to the shore 3x this year, twice on Saturdays and both times he was there zipping every hour out right close to shore not using the main bay. I'd say within 30' from shoreline.

Edited by Governator

Dude gives it full throttle, the police boat is active in the marina and doesn't stop him? I've gone down to the shore 3x this year, twice on Saturdays and both times he was there zipping every hour out right close to shore not using the main bay. I'd say within 30' from shoreline.

Print out the law showing the rule and then go talk to the police and point him out.

Chuck a jig at a boat where art is from lol

You could but there is a chance he has his own way of making lead fly.lol. I can't tell you how many people have an old snake pistol in the bottom of their tackle boxes.

Art

Reading these comments is why I still visit this site. A lot of experienced boaters giving good info. There's new boaters out there on this site and not sure how the unwritten rules are out on the water. Basically rookies give plenty of space to other boaters when fishing and don't be looking for other peoples spots.