Seafoam on Sale - $7.99

farsider

Tune up in a can. I have some but never used it. The instructions on the bottle are so small I can't read it with a magnifying glass. How much should one use? I think my tank is around 15 to 20 gallons. Float is stuck it either shows full or 1/4.

This won't help you much but I've used it straight out of the can into the carbs and I've mixed it in the fuel.

From their website...

• For routine fuel system (gas tank to engine) maintenance, one can of Sea Foam Motor Treatment treats up to 16 gallons of gas or diesel fuel.
  • When greater cleaning is needed, add more Sea Foam – the more you add to fuel, the better it cleans!
  • When stabilizing fuel for storage, use 1 (one) ounce per gallon of fuel.
  • Don’t worry if you exceed these amounts: Sea Foam only contains petroleum-based cleaning and lubricating ingredients that CAN’T HARM your engine or fuel system components.

Thanks Grimsby, that is clear. You can't use too much (sell more Sea Foam), so 1 can in the full tank should be fine and a splash in the kicker tank. I was wary of using too much.

Many Marine Gurus on iboats forums think it is a marketing scam, not just Sea Foam, all the tune ups in a can. I don't know. I have never used it in the 8 years I have had the engine. They say it can't hurt, like a placebo. I have a few cans I picked up on sale last season so I'll use it.

Do you guys find any difference at all or is it for peace of mind?

Many Marine Gurus on iboats forums think it is a marketing scam, not just Sea Foam, all the tune ups in a can. I don't know. I have never used it in the 8 years I have had the engine.

Do you guys find any difference at all or is it for peace of mind?

Well, I didn't use the gas power washer last year, so it had half a tank of 2 year old gas with Seafoam treatment in it. I know it is not truly a stabilizer but I topped it up with fresh Seafoamed gas and started on the second pull and powerwashed all the house siding :clapping: Not recommending this a standard practice but I think it played a big part of me lucking out on not having to get into a carb cleaning or big repair bill.