Temagami Lake

Cjones19

I am heading up to lake temagami on june 24th (Bass opening weekend) and I was wondering if anyone had some experience on the lake. We are renting a houseboat and hopefully anchoring in ferguson bay.

Hoping for some really good fishing spots, secret lures or tactics for the lake, as I have never been before.

Hoping to catch either some walleye, pike, lakers, or nice bass.

I haven't had much luck on Temagami, but did get some smallmouth trolling along the shorelines. Lost lots of lures on snags though. Talk to Irishfield. I think he's up there now, but does check in here when he can. Should be able to give you some tips to get you started.

The only thing I like more than finding a secret lure, is telling strangers on the internet about it...

But seriously, Temagami is full of smallies, if you know how to catch smallies, you will get them in many different areas. There are plenty of articles online about fishing smallmouth in deep clear shield lakes, those articles would definitely apply to Temagami.

Renting a houseboat on Temagami was one of my best experiences ever. We got one booked for September. So many smallies. I usually catch over a hundred in a week. Just use live minnows or worms. Stay close to shore and move around a lot. Hopefully you have your own boat to take too. If not rent one. Anyways when we were just relaxing in the houseboat I always had two ice fishing rods hooked up at the end of the boat with bells hooked to the rod tip lol. It's a hoot getting drunk at night and having a bell go off. Have fun.

Welcome aboard.

The secret with Temagami is... pray for fish every day and drown your sorrows in whiskey every night.

Tough lake, but smallies are probably the easiest thing to catch there. Lots of rocky shorelines and points that usually hold a fish or two.

Moosebunk has it about right.. bring Whiskey!

Bass JUST started cleaning their bottom nesting sites last night... picture is between my dock and shore.

They are everywhere and becoming a "pest" on the "Lake Trout" lake that Temagami truly is. Catch them all, they taste as good as most fish when deep fried and chased with some MaCallan.

You renting Lakeland or Leisure Island's boat?

bassspawn.jpg

Absolutely a good feeding fish when you have 6 people for supper and only 2 people fishing a cold spring fed back lake! :Gonefishing:.

Cjones, let me know who's boat you're renting. Not sure Ferguson Bay is the most scenic area that you could treat yourself to on Lake Temagami. If it's the sand beach that's the draw, I can tell you now that it's covered in red ants and garbage from those that came before you. There's better places to explore!

kbacklake4.jpg